Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Problem With Summerboard on 1.1.4!

Default Major Problem With Summerboard on 1.1.4!

Ok I really need some help from you guys!!! I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 Iphone and I installed Summerboard 3.2 (becuz thts the only tht will download and install) I restart my iphone and it says summerboard is active but when I click themes...its just a blank blue page!!! There are noooooooooooooooooooo themes not even the default ones!!!!! I REALLY NEED SOME HELP....I WANT SUMMERBOARD TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP HELP!!!!

lol.... Never used 1.1.4 firmware but u can try installing diff. version themes. Yea not all work with 1.1.3/1.1.2 either.. Some are for the older firmwares...
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

try searching around http://www.modmyifone.com forums i think ive seen that problem somewhere

Techie Princess...sorry I can't help you...thats why I told you in the PM I am yet to use 1.1.4....it hasn't proven itself to me as yet.....if its the only one that will download and install....hhhmmmm have you installed the latest BSD Subsystem...I grabbing at straws here....? toyanucci what you think?...but dosent 1.1.4 gives you the Summberboard features by default...and more....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

I am on 1.1.4 I suggest you uninstall it and try it again, if it doesn't work and you are in Kingston, maybe you can link me and I restore and reinstall everything for you (or you can do it yourself). I have the same version of Summerboard and have no problems. It should be putting your themes in var/mobile/library/SummerBoard/Themes so check if those folders are there are not.

Cool

guess I am behind cause using 1.1.2 but just got the phone and not in a rush to update plus worrried if it will crash. Is there any reason I should update now or just wait? Also tried to install apollo but not working so some help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. Just to say also I'm loving this phone though and can see that it has slot of potential
    Last edited by docdibble; Mar 14, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

nother question is whether or not there is any task manager? The phone doesn't freeze or give any trouble but I figure that if stuff running just the same that the battery life will be less than if u stop things that u not using and won't go back to. Still want to know if u experts think need to upgrade or not.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

Battery life is better for me in 1.1.4 There are apps to see whats running in the background but you can eff your phone up if you dont know what ur doing so I recommend not messing with em. You can hold the home button till it exits to the springboad, that the way to fully close apps that are designed to run in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    guess I am behind cause using 1.1.2 but just got the phone and not in a rush to update plus worrried if it will crash. Is there any reason I should update now or just wait? Also tried to install apollo but not working so some help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. Just to say also I'm loving this phone though and can see that it has slot of potential
    Did everything work out with my link or did you have to go elsewhere....if it's my link why the hell is it running 1.1.2....it supposed to be running 1.1.3....holla at me...

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    nother question is whether or not there is any task manager? The phone doesn't freeze or give any trouble but I figure that if stuff running just the same that the battery life will be less than if u stop things that u not using and won't go back to. Still want to know if u experts think need to upgrade or not.
    Yes there are task managers...but be careful with them...you can really muck things up if you're not careful.....the one I use is SySinfo...the phone wont freeze unless you install a buggy application....please install an app called BossTool. This will allow you to move over system fonts, apps, and wallpapers to the 8Gig partition....freeing up your "C drive" OS drive....this will provide better system performance....and you'll have more space to install apps on your secondary 8Gig partition.
    I'm in Kingston. So you can always give me a link...if you want me to setup your device properly for you....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.