View Poll Results: Would you change your job for a lower paying one?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 48.84%
  • No

22 51.16%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you change your job for a lower paying one?

i would...if it's a situation where i'd be giving up a lucrative private sector IT job for another job such as Minister of Technology.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

yup...................

i was more comfortable working for less $..........less stress, had more time , & time = hustling oppertunities
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

i would. why? money aint everything. i've had more better days in the lower payin job i have in the one one i'm in now...... and my salary has being basically doubled!!!

"find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life"
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    "find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life"
    Too true my brother, too true...
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Seeing as I don't live at work, and I am surrounded by a field of L337, I really dont care about how miserable the job is... L337 converts everthing to being Pwned, the grimiest job I had was servicing computers for this company, 7 Depts, which I used to do with a friend.

Brought my own music, brought a speaker system with subwoofer loud till managers used to bawl fi turn down the music, Hooked up my PDA to their Internet, captured a printer by beaming my other invoices when I needed to print, pwned the haters by making more money doing that for one week than they did for the month.

So so long as you show me the money I will make it my own.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

will never do such a thing especially in these times...

Quote Originally Posted by icuucme View Post
    Would you change your job for a lower paying one? if yes, what would be the reason?
    I would take a lower paying job under certain circumstances:

1. If I wanted to change careers, I would likely have to take a pay cut.
    2. If I wanted to gain certain experience in a particular area in order to better myself, I'd take a pay cut with a job change. It would be like an investment, it would pay off eventually.
    3. If I got a job that payed less, but allowed me a certain level of flexibility in time, with which I could reasonably pursue other endeavours, I would take a pay cut.
    4. If taking a higher paying job negatively impacted on my relationships with my family (lack of quality time etc.) I would take a pay cut and find another job that fit in better with my lifestyle.

Work for less money..... lmfao!!!

I endorse Nestersan's msg...

Maybe if i was working for US Dollars or Euro's, but Jamaican dollars?!? negative yute
    no backward movements

What if you had to take a lower paying job in the short term, so that you could make more money in the long term? You may find yourself in a job that doesn't allow you to grow any more or advance any further. Then what do you do? What if the higher paying jobs require you to have certain experience which you'll never gain in the job you are currently in, but you could get if you spent some time in a lower paying job? If you are one-track and short-term minded, you will miss certain opportunities which may be better for you in the long run.

Default less pay for more sanity

the job i'm in now is driving me up the wall, here's the situ .....

i work in a call centre which involves customer complaints, disrespect, cussing out the company i work for (which is sometimes justified) and all manner of other frustrations ....the work environment is shift based so you could be scheduled to work 2 p.m. until say 11 p.m. even though you have school..... tryn to make the best of it tho

i'm doing my BSc in comp w/mgmt at UTECH (part-time), almost finish going into final year september and sooo want to get into the I.T. field (want to be a DBA) rather than customer complaints etc.....

but here's the real bummer.....the I.T. department is riiiiight next door .... like right there and it's like i can ALMOST touch it lol..... so i would trade my job ANY day for a chance to work in the field and get as much experience as i can even for less pay.
    nothing happens before its time ...ceerusly