Thread: Base Salary!

Default Base Salary!

Hi all. I'm a newbie here but I know that you guys are really helpful based on the posts I read. I would like to know what kind of base salary to expect with the following credentials:
    BS.c Hons Management Information Systems
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer
    No experience in terms of years in any particular company...but I do have experience in software development. I'm a fairly recent graduate.
    I'm doing some freelance now but I plan to enter the 'real' job market soon. I would really appreciate the help for negotiations.
    Last edited by vexvixen; Mar 12, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Depends on the sector you go into, as well as the value the different companies place on their ITC departments.

You have strong qualifications for a recent graduate. You should be able to get a job as a Junior Programmer without difficulty and then quickly accelerate depending on your actual skill level. Your negotiation skills are also important along with the other things Jack Frost mentioned.

Good luck on your job hunt.

I agree with Jack Frost and Psilos, It really depends on which sector and organization.

are you willing to start at (for your qualifications) ~1.xx mill and work your way up?

You're a woman also, which is a plus. Too many bulls in the pen, with your qualifications and gender, should be easy to get a job.

What languages do you currently work in? Are you strong with Object Oriented Programming?

In response to your question delly_jm: Yes, I'm very strong in OOP. Languages I specialize in primarily are C++, C#, Java, VB.NET, ActionScript 3.0 and others. I'm mainly a ASP.Net 2.0 enthusiast though. Glad to know it will be easy to get into 'the boys club'.

Thanks to you all for the info and insight.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

If you have samples of your work, they would help in your negotiation for a salary. With little work experience, some companies ask for this. They want to confirm that you are capable of doing what you say you can do.

for that --the thign is u have no experience so expect around 800 -1mil you wont get big bucks until u have experience and those are like tentative by theway caus ei know peopel with degreee who aint getting that smuch by the way
    Dont hate ma game we all here for the same reasons,We here to get tha green paper throughout all seasons.C.R.E.A.M

Rojo: I'm currently building a website to showcase my projects and skills. I have no problem showing samples of work.

Quote Originally Posted by vexvixen View Post
    Rojo: I'm currently building a website to showcase my projects and skills. I have no problem showing samples of work.
    Sounds good; they will come in handy on that big day....furthermore, you also can take the direct approach; make a list of the companies you would like to work for...get the name(s) of the person(s) that make the decisions in terms of hiring and send them your resume along with samples of your work...see what happens...you never can tell...i got a job like that once, I just called the company made some inquiries and offered my services....