Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing a PDA

Cool Choosing a PDA

Hey Family,
    New to this scene and just have a quick question..I am thinking of getting a PDA but not sure which one to get. I was looking at the Samsung Blackjack2 or prob the blackberry. Based on the internet connectivity in Jamdown and the capabilities of the phones which would be a better buy. I am not restricting my choice to the 2 phones listed above. Need all the advice i can get real quick.

Iceman, I'm gonna get mauled for even suggesting this but I have a Motorola A1200 with a 1GB flash installed, and I carry around everything on it, plus I'm able to remotely connect to both my home and office PC from anywhere, so its like walking around with both my PCs in my hand, I changed the firmware on the phone recently so I haven't reinstalled RemotePC as yet, but basically technology enables most smart phones to remotely connect and gives you seamless productivity (just remember the digicel/cw net charges)
    Only we can save us.

Go for the Blackberry
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Htc s620/Dash thats my choice
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post
    Iceman, I'm gonna get mauled for even suggesting this but I have a Motorola A1200 with a 1GB flash installed, and I carry around everything on it, plus I'm able to remotely connect to both my home and office PC from anywhere, so its like walking around with both my PCs in my hand, I changed the firmware on the phone recently so I haven't reinstalled RemotePC as yet, but basically technology enables most smart phones to remotely connect and gives you seamless productivity (just remember the digicel/cw net charges)
    LOL@MAULED well why say it? i wouldnt recoment that a1200 phone has some problems going on for it and parts is not as easy to get umm well i notice u choose 2 phones in the same price bracket, is it that thats the money you working with? because if thats the case well those phones suggest is all you will get in that price range or you will have to buy them used. my suggestion is cingular 8525, tytn, tytn2, htc touch dual or touch cruise. those are my picks.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Thanks for all the help. Anyone have any reviews on the samsung i780? Di phone look mad!!!

The worst thing to do is to leave a question like this open for these tech heads here to answer....Everyone is going to give you what they think is the best device in their opinion. I would suggest you narrow it down to even 3 devices then make a sensible decision from there....from the 2 devices you had quoted above I would go with the Samsung Blackjack2. Its running WM and that will give you far more options especially with desktop integration (windows pc), and corporate integration. Plus great application support. HV recommended the TyTN or the TyTN 2, yes I will concur with his recommendations those are excellent devices, also due to the fact that you said you wanted a PDA. I am assuming that the PDA functions and the Internet will be more your primary use than the actual phone. (but they are still great phones though)....
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

HTC 8125... mi have a link pan it to
    InFecTioUs aNd dEadLy

I tend to agree with you Cultus but the one drawback i have with the BJ2 is that it does not have WiFi. In terms of internet connectivity how important is that considering the other features of the phone..eg..gprs,edge..etc

Quote Originally Posted by iceman05 View Post
    I tend to agree with you Cultus but the one drawback i have with the BJ2 is that it does not have WiFi. In terms of internet connectivity how important is that considering the other features of the phone..eg..gprs,edge..etc
    If the internet will be one of the core uses of the device then he would be better off with one of the TyTN line of devices...or any WM6 even 5 device with wifi.....just walk wid yuh charger.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.