View Poll Results: Which System is your preference?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony Playstation 3

1 100.00%
  • Microsoft Xbox 360

0 0%
  • Nintendo Wii

0 0%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBox 360?!!!

Well I have stated my opinions alot on this subject and I will again re-state it.

If you want a console for gaming mostly then get the Xbox 360, simply put the PS3 cannot compete with the XBOX 360 in this regard (and before anyone tries to imply I am being a fan boy to a particular console, note that I own both).

Like pezz said XBOX live is better than free PS network (for once there is a need to pay over freeness).

If you are more into an entertainment console, watch movies now and then etc, then get the PS3.

Trust me on the gaming stance though, XBOX 360 owns the PS3 in this area, since getting a replacement XBOX 360 for my RRODed version, I have not played the PS3 since (over 2 months now), I just have it taking up dust awaiting my pre-ordered copy of GT 5 Prologue.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Which system would you recommend getting based on the games out there? Does the PS3 have good online support like XBox 360? Will Grand Turismo be exclusive to the playstation? I have some time on my hands now and thinking about getting a gaming system again.
    This discussion seems very familiar.

Go with what suits your tates and your pocket. For me, the games I want to play are pretty much available on either platform, so my decision was made on the preservation of the investment in my PS2 games, my preference for the PS style controller (the best controller), and the versatility of the PS3. As gaming platforms, they're both very capable.

I went online with the PS3 for the first time over the weekend. The experience was ok. Fairly straight forward. Played some Fifa08 online. PS3 online being free is a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Which system would you recommend getting based on the games out there? Does the PS3 have good online support like XBox 360? Will Grand Turismo be exclusive to the playstation? I have some time on my hands now and thinking about getting a gaming system again.
    Gran Turismo will only ever be on the Playstation, and I think if they wanted, Sony could release a new playstation with gran turismo being the only game for it and it would do pretty well. Nothing on the xbox is comparible with it.

Man by the ps3 gt is the maddess thing i am a big fan played 1 2 3 all gold missed four because don't have a system now gettin a 3 with a 42'' HD LCD for more info check SCEA
    To God be the Glory

just get all 3 consoles that way all bases are covered
    http://xclusief.mybrute.com
    Militant Reloaded: DFI LanParty UT || Core 2 Duo E6750 + cooled w/ CoolerMaster CM Sphere CPU cooler || Visiontek HD3870 OC 512mb || OCZ Platinum 2x2GB 1066mhz || Kingwin Mach1 800 watt PSU || Sony Bravia 40" widescreen 1080p

Quote Originally Posted by Danestar View Post
    Man by the ps3 gt is the maddess thing i am a big fan played 1 2 3 all gold missed four because don't have a system now gettin a 3 with a 42'' HD LCD for more info check SCEA
    I am a xbox person but got to admit gt series is great but not enough for me to buy a ps3 though........but halo 3, gears of war are console sellers
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

My Xbox 360 is giving me the RROD , whyyyyyyyyyy me ol'lord whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

have both , but 360 all the way , especially like how you can modd it.But I have been watching on youtube about some hacks for the PS3 , have anyone seen them?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 2, 2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by BURN-Proof View Post
    My Xbox 360 is giving me the RROD , whyyyyyyyyyy me ol'lord whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

have both , but 360 all the way , especially like how you can modd it.But I have been watching on youtube about some hacks for the PS3 , have anyone seen them?
    LOL. I guess every Xbox owner has to go thru that. I've gone thru it a couple time and I don't even own that crap (see it happen on display models in stores).

OK yes, the Xbox does have the gaming arena locked at the moment, and I will admit that while waiting for the PS3 there were a few games that made me ponder gettin a 360 ,3 to be exact: Dead Rising, Halo 3 and Lost Planet being the main decision maker. But I just got Lost planet for PS3, so I not really missing much anymore. How many new great games will be coming out exclusive to it? Ninja Gaiden? The 360 is slowly becoming a thing of the past and you can see that in the sales figures where the PS3 has overtaken the 360. If you want to say is cause everybody have 360 already, nuff a dem need to be buying new ones still cause dem own RROD

I could argue bout the PS3 all day but in the end is really your choice and I made mine already, which I'm pretty happy with. For the games I play, its all available on the PS3, so my next decision maker is the controller and online. I hate the 360 controller but love the Dual Shocks, already been thru a WoW addiction and despise subscription fees at this point in time, and PSN has all I need anyway I not sure what I missing on XBL. Modding... really dont care bout that and if I had a 360 I wouldn't do that cause you will be banned from XBL

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    LOL. I guess every Xbox owner has to go thru that. I've gone thru it a couple time and I don't even own that crap (see it happen on display models in stores).

OK yes, the Xbox does have the gaming arena locked at the moment, and I will admit that while waiting for the PS3 there were a few games that made me ponder gettin a 360 ,3 to be exact: Dead Rising, Halo 3 and Lost Planet being the main decision maker. But I just got Lost planet for PS3, so I not really missing much anymore. How many new great games will be coming out exclusive to it? Ninja Gaiden? The 360 is slowly becoming a thing of the past and you can see that in the sales figures where the PS3 has overtaken the 360. If you want to say is cause everybody have 360 already, nuff a dem need to be buying new ones still cause dem own RROD

I could argue bout the PS3 all day but in the end is really your choice and I made mine already, which I'm pretty happy with. For the games I play, its all available on the PS3, so my next decision maker is the controller and online. I hate the 360 controller but love the Dual Shocks, already been thru a WoW addiction and despise subscription fees at this point in time, and PSN has all I need anyway I not sure what I missing on XBL. Modding... really dont care bout that and if I had a 360 I wouldn't do that cause you will be banned from XBL
    weh di one bag a chatting fah yout??? you couldnt say you prefer the ps3 and stop chat......i got the rrod onmy 360 and that didnt stop me from buying another one........ps3 will never be a succesful as the xbox 360 so ps3 is the past in di present yah dig?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5