Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: console games are gettng boring to me

Default console games are gettng boring to me

i dont' know whats wrong but to me its like the console games are getting really boring, i feel like i'm playing for no reason, all that hacking and slashing and shooting for no reason at all. because of this when i have a console i only play select games, there arent many of them so i basically barely use the console. waste of money. i think i'm phasing out of video games.

Default Re: console games are gettng boring to me

Same here death knight. I am looking for something new that challenges the mind instead I have to be waiting for the same stuff. Like originals that can't stale. You know Winning Eleven and Gran Tourismo and Underground apart from those and Final Fantasy there isn't much else that's enticing.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis
    Same here death knight. I am looking for something new that challenges the mind instead I have to be waiting for the same stuff. Like originals that can't stale. You know Winning Eleven and Gran Tourismo and Underground apart from those and Final Fantasy there isn't much else that's enticing.
    thats precisely what i'm saing you have all that power ( the console and you can't do nothing with it ) very sad isn't it, seems like a waste of money to me.

so i basically barely use the console. waste of money. i think i'm phasing out of video games.
    well you can always pop in a dvd! That is if the console comes with that feature.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

yeah but i'm sure i could pop in a dvd in my laptop or my dvd player, i guess the onnly way you can truly enjoy a console well in the xbox's case that is; is if it is moded cause the possibilities become endless but if i should just rely on games alone it wouldn't make no sense at all.

I ran into this a looong time ago back in the days of the Super NES. Platformers and the typical console games got routine and they had very little replay value. So I decided that I would not buy those kinds of games anymore. I would instead buy sports games with multiplayer capabilities so my friends can play. Also fighting games because the outcomes aren't as predictable. If I want to play other kinds of games, I can just borrow them. But my core games I play are sports or fighting games.

Once in a while something innovative comes along (like Splinter Cell) and I grab that.

Arrow Re: console games are gettng boring to me

Console game makers seem to be not paying much attention to what gamers want or variety

Whenever there is a real big hit game on consoles there are many more carbon copy games released soon after and you (the gamer) is put in the back seat.
    one example off my head is GTA 3....when this game came out and blew us away it seems like every other game release after that for a couple months was a GTA ripoff.......the lastest and hopefully last in the chain being the critically dissappointing Driver 3.

One of the only remaining ways to enjoy console games is through multiplayer games and just wait till a big (hopefully "unfloppable") game drops like a new Final Fantasy, splinter cell, Metal gear, grand turismo, GTA etc (PS2), Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc (gcube), halo, underground, Jade Empire, FIFA, NBA etc (Xbox)

If you can find friends to play with i am sure that console multiplayer games like FIFA 2004, Cap vs Snk 2, NBA Ballers, Underground not to mention the insainly addictive MarioKart Double Dash, Soul Calibur 2, FZero GX will have you enjoying console games again.
    Last edited by Zard; Sep 21, 2004 at 10:41 AM.

this is what is called the playstation syndrome; as I have been saying forever good games are not all about flashy graphics and hiphop music. - it's about buttons, hidden items and gameplay.
    Good Examples;
    mario bros 1 -> mario bros 3 -> super mario world -> mario 64
    tekken 1 -> tekken 2 -> tekken 3 - tekken tag
    grand turismo 1 -> gt 2 -> gt 3

Bad example;
    Nba live 2000 -> Nba live 2001 -> Nba live 2003

good way to find new and interesting games to play is to buy a couple cheap and old games.. it saves you money and help you keep up with the old school gamers.

Forget consoles, do like me play pc games... plenty good one's red alert, warcraft, some ppl like the sims, medal of honour.....

although if i had a console growing up i'd have a different opinion..
    Last edited by Virus; Sep 21, 2004 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Forget consoles, do like me play pc games... plenty good one's red alert, warcraft, some ppl like the sims, medal of honour.....

although if i had a console growing up i'd have a different opinion..
    I grew up on console gaming. St8 from the dayz of the Atari 2600, Nintendo, and SNES. Got into PC gaming around the time Wolfenstein 3D came out, missed the Playstation/N64 era then came back into console cames for the PS2. Both consoles and PC's have excellent games and their flop games.