Thread: Redesigned PS2 Coming This Fall?

Default Redesigned PS2 Coming This Fall?

Redesigned PS2 Coming This Fall?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1646966,00.asp
    Ita splendeat lux vestra

Default Re: Redesigned PS2 Coming This Fall?

this is kinda pointless don't you think?
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Thumbs up Sony Announces New PS2

The system, which is indeed called the SCPH-70000, will officially hit stores on November 3 in Japan and November 1 in North America and Europe. The North American version should retail for approximately $149. Though internally similar to the PS2 systems we've seen before it, this new unit has been completely overhauled -- creating a slimmer, lighter version of the world's most popular home console. Overall, the internal volume of the system has been reduced by 75%, the weight of the device has been cut in half, and the thickness of the system has been trimmed by approximately 60%. Its overall size is around that of your typical hardcover book -- putting it perfectly in line with its rumored consumer codename, the PSTwo.
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/549/549938p1.html
    /insert witty comment [here]...

Default Re: Sony Announces New PS2

Again I ask what sense does this make? I think this is going to be a big flop
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

isn't the psx coming out early next year??

Default Re: Sony Announces New PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis
    Again I ask what sense does this make? I think this is going to be a big flop
    It helps Sony reduce production costs on the PS2 by using less material etc.
    From a marketing perspective, it's like a re-launch. They're hoping to generate a new "Buzz" in the market for it and attract persons who have not yet bought a PS2. Including the ethernet adapter as standard in the revised model makes online gaming easier (since you don't have to go out and buy a separate adapter now) and there are more online enabled titles coming out before the end of the year.

If you look at history, they did the same with the Playstation. Called it PSOne.

Nintendo has done similar things in the past with the NES and SNES.

@ digitalchef]isn't - The original playstation is known as psx.

@ BlackCryptoKnight - PSOne is uugly. It looks more like one of those cheap knockoffs than console.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy
    @ BlackCryptoKnight - PSOne is uugly. It looks more like one of those cheap knockoffs than console.
    I guess so.

They seem to do this when they are gearing up to release their new system.

Once again gentlemen a new version of the ps2 graces us wit it's presence but if u ask me it was all a waste of time. is'nt the ps3 supposed to be launching soon? then why on gods earth......alright i can understand cutting bac in the cost on materails and all that trying to get people that hasnt bought the system yet to buy but dont u think that this effort should be made on the ps3 so that wen it does release that we dont hav to pay like $500.00 for it? geez wats sony thinking?
    http://img33.exs.cx./img33/381/kakashiraikiri1.gif
    Got the image from Raijin at Narutoex.com

Those who disobey orders are called trash.............
    ....but you know what I think,those that don't take care of their freinds are worse than trash.