Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amd Quad Core Processor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    the biggest problem that happened with this idiot idea was it used a totally different socket from everything else so no upgrade path so anyone who bought it has a paperweight now. if it had used a regular AM2 socket it might have caught one and if the board hadnt been $350. for the days of the good old Abit BP6. for noobies the BP6 was a dual socket 370 board. used regular SDRAM and people used to put 2 cheap celerons in it and have a dual proc system and even better the cellie had on-die cache and overclocked like mad. people were using it to dust over pentium 2s and 3s.
    for those who bought it, they still have a pretty powerful system and unless it dies on them it is no paper weight.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

the point i was trying to make was that considering that nothing apart from phenom has been happening at amd those who bought one must be wondering how amd blindsided them like that. quad fx is stuck in whatever config they got it. and considering how expensive it was thats just wrong. amd said it would support socket 1207 then they just dropped it once they realized it wasnt anything as good theyd hoped. it didnt help that all they had was one motherboard for it. so when i say paperweight thats what i mean. its not going anywhere and they cant improve it. theyd have to just chuck it and start over. as bad as some of the reviews have been to skulltrail at least you can use xeons now and probably later.

AMD and their magically changing sockets

Umm question so is the quad core worth buying?
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Wink

Gentle folks... I say only this... the AMD we know today dont make didly squat from desktop processors.. in fact they losing alot of dough on em...

They make money from Opteron processors... where that same processor is tested rigourously and has not much flaw....

Check the end of Dreamworks animated movies and see which logo scrolls up...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

So ur saying that those arnt tested as rigourously hence the breakdown each time? i dont think they would do that and as you said they loosing money off them, you think theyr stupid? it must be somthing else.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFactor1 View Post
    Gentle folks... I say only this... the AMD we know today dont make didly squat from desktop processors.. in fact they losing alot of dough on em...

They make money from Opteron processors... where that same processor is tested rigourously and has not much flaw....

Check the end of Dreamworks animated movies and see which logo scrolls up...
    VIA? Cyrix? Abacus?