Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amd Quad Core Processor!!!

Lightbulb Amd Quad Core Processor!!!

The First Quad Core AMD Platform

*THE WHOLE PRINCIPLE OF A QUAD CORE PROCESSOR IS QUITE SIMPLE.
    IT IS FASCINATING THOUGH. ALL THEY DID WAS TO DUPLICATE A DUO CORE.

I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PENTIUM SO FAR, MOSTLY AMD.

BUT ONE OF THE COOLEST THING IS TO PUT TWO QUAD CORE ON ONE MOTHER BOARD. AN Asus L1N64-SLI WS Motherboard WOULD DO THE JOB JUST FINE.

WITH SUCH POWER, WHAT WOULD THE TYPICAL PC HOME OWNER DO?
    Even though ASUS is currently the only Quad FX motherboard manufacturer, the situation is destined to change soon. More manufacturers should be coming out with their own Quad FX motherboards in the coming months, and AMD should be introducing their own Quad FX chipset which will support Crossfire technology.

In order to fit in all of the features on the motherboard, smaller PCB dimensions were compromised. We weren’t too shocked about the board’s large size considering it comes with two Athlon 64 FX sockets and 4 PCI Express 16x slots integrated onto it. In addition, if four video cards is to even be a possibility, the board must have adequate space. Four DIMM slots are placed between the two CPU sockets. Each processor independently handles two DIMM slots, so with 4 modules of DDR2-800 memory installed, the theoretical memory bandwidth of the system is 25.6 GB/s. This is only a theoretical value that represents 100% efficiency. In a real-world situation, expect the actual bandwidth to be a smaller figure.

The cooling of the system is a major issue that ASUS seems to have taken into consideration when designing this board. There are a total of three fans on the motherboard. The two chipsets are cooled by connecting two heatpipes to a radiator that dissipates the heat.

www.hwupgrade.com/articles/print/cpu/10/
    Last edited by @HACKER@; Feb 9, 2008 at 01:04 PM.

30 Nov 2006
    want a cookie? i didnt even think this came to fruition ...

i hurd the quad core is mess up not working as should.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Yung_Jah Guest

I am sure most gamers are looking forward to this.

As for me (not much of a gamer)....but I have no clue what I would do with a QUAD core system.

whats the point of this idiotic thread? its like a time warp. quad fx is dead for those of us just getting caught up. DEAD. it came it saw it died.

No one noticed FBI's post? It's an old article and the AMD's quadcore is actually 4 independent cores. Intel's is two C2Ds glued together.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    I am sure most gamers are looking forward to this.

As for me (not much of a gamer)....but I have no clue what I would do with a QUAD core system.
    i think they are looking backwards and saying .. so glad i didnt think about spending money on this ****.

Its always fun to see the n00bs come and think they are posting unknown info
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

the biggest problem that happened with this idiot idea was it used a totally different socket from everything else so no upgrade path so anyone who bought it has a paperweight now. if it had used a regular AM2 socket it might have caught one and if the board hadnt been $350. for the days of the good old Abit BP6. for noobies the BP6 was a dual socket 370 board. used regular SDRAM and people used to put 2 cheap celerons in it and have a dual proc system and even better the cellie had on-die cache and overclocked like mad. people were using it to dust over pentium 2s and 3s.

he hacked the past...give him some credit!