Thread: Free mp3 to wave converter

Default Free mp3 to wave converter

I am looking for a good free mp3 to wave converter that allow me to convert a lot of files at once (batch processing) it should also allow audio re-sampling (i think that's what it's called) :

mono - stereo
    Sound normalisation
    basically good cd Quality output

I have found a few but non fit the bill or their trial period has expired on me
    I am not into trial and error i want something that work, i have a lot of these files to convert then burn.

Thanks for the help

Default Re:Free mp3 to wave converter

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

Not sure about all the sampling stuff, but I've used it for years...it's nice.

try this.. doesnt do it all, but is freeware
    http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

hmmm.... right-click MP3 is the best little converter I've used... it incorporates the LAME and BLADE ENC encoders so it covers that...

hmmm... goldwave is good for editing and sampling as you call it.. it's shareware tho....

best bet... http://www.downloads.com and search the audio section.. i figure you won't find what you're looking for in one package... but if you get 2 apps... then I'd have to say right-click MP3 for encoding and decoding... and goldwave for sampling (also encodes and decodes.. unsure of batch processing though).

bless

OH! didn't read all of what you were saying.. if you just wanna grab a bunch o files to turn em into cd's just go with one o the popular ones... winamp (i believe they added the burning capabilites in v.3)or musicmatch...

bless

<< or could i have misunderstood again ???>>

I use xmms and the diskwriter plugin.
    Anything that xmms can play (including mp3, ogg, midi and mods) is written out as a wave file.

It certainly fits the criteria for a lot of files at once. You just add the files you want to the playlist, specify the output method as diskwriter and press play. (by default the new waves are dumped to your home directory and are named based on the name of the file)

I'm not sure if there's an xmms for windows. Works great on Linux (Mandrake and Red Hat)
    I don't think there's an easier way to do this.
    check http://xmms.org

Of course there are those windows tools that people mentioned in other posts which work, if you don't mind sacrificing some ease of use.

To clarify the programme should convert all the mp3 to wave and should :

Convert all the files from Mono to Stereo(44,100 Hz, 16 bit)
    Normalize the volume across all the files
    Background noise reduction
    Fade out at the end of all the files (optional)

After setting the options it applies it to all the files in a folder without any other intervention on my part.

I am looking on right-click ..LAME. as a posible solution
    Thanks for all of the help so far guys.

btw i am on Windows.

Just two cents here:

1 cent: You could fool around with using Winamp (never tried it with version 3+), it has a DiskWriter that will output to wave. It allows some amount of resampling and it may also allow you to accomplish the volume and fading. I doubt the noise reduction will get done with this method.

2 cents: You can use Nero and burn MP3s directly... you can get the volume and fading done, I know Nero has plugins, but not sure about the noise reduction.

If none of these methods work you may want to check out an editor like Sound Forge version 5/6. It can definitely do what you want.