Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the difference between C and C++???

What do you mean don't tell you to Google it? Lazy!

C++: In Comparison with C
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

There will always be some problems that are better solved in one language than another. There will always be languages that solve specific problems "better" than any other language, for some definition of "better". However, a very very large number of problems have very similar needs (some I/O, some computation) and face similar requirements (reasonable reliability, reasonable performance).

The C programming language is a very general purpose programming language. It is used to solve problems ranging from operating system kernels, over compilers to graphical user interfaces. C was conceived in the early 1970s by Dennis M. Ritchie. The C programming language was first standardized in the mid 1980s.
    The C++ programming language was initially created by Bjarne Stroustrup, as a "better C". C++ was an attempt to extend and (to some extent) change the C programming language to overcome some of the common and big problems with the language. C++ was first standardized in 1998, and as such, is a much younger language than C.
    courtesy of this link http://unthought.net/c++/c_vs_c++.html
    google is ur friend.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 17, 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added quote tag
    Where there is a will there is a way

simply put... C++ is an updated version of C that has OOP(Object Oriented Programming) classes and such... structs... etc | apart from that and the more recent keywords and slightly altered(updated) syntax... they are the same...

some old keywords now require an underscore to run
    eg... kbhit() is now _kbhit() || getch() is now _getch()
    Last edited by iKlsR; Nov 1, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
    ► with me... now ■ and think...

Lots of folks aren't sure what Object Oriented means but to put it simply, OOP is just the method that the language forces you to program in.

Example, where as procedural functions in more of a sequence driven fashion, object oriented methods take on a more dynamic approach.

So the difference is major and pretty useful for person's upgrading from C methods to C++.

Let me know if this helps.