Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Console Sales Figures

Default 2007 Console Sales Figures

NPD has revealed the US videogame sales figures for both December 2007 and the entire year - and they make for pretty impressive reading, if you're not a PlayStation 3 fan.

From a hardware perspective, Nintendo rules the roost with its DS handheld topping the year with a staggering 8.50 million sales for 2007 (a massive 2.47 million of which came in December), while the Wii follows close behind with a total of 6.29 million unit sales (1.35 million taken in the December rush).

Microsoft holds on to third place for the year with 4.62 million Xbox 360s sold (1.26 in December), with the stalwart PlayStation 2 sitting in fourth with 3.97 million unit sales (1.1 million for December), and the PlayStation Portable stealing fifth with 3.82 million sales (1.06 million in December).

While the PlayStation 3 has gained a modicum of retail momentum following price cuts and the introduction of the value 40GB model, Sony’s powerhouse console still only managed to sell 2.56 million units in 2007, with 797.600 of that total arriving in the year’s feverish final month.
    For (censored) who is in denial and insists PS3 is selling wonderfully let me spell it out:

DS: 8.5 Million
    Wii: 6.29 Million
    Xbox360 :4.62 Million
    PS2: 3.97 Million
    PSP: 3.82 Million
    PS3: 2.5 Million
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

very interesting sony did everything right with the PS3 except for the pricing, it was way too expensive, i can't belive the wii is selling better than the other two, that is more than likely due to the pricing with it being the cheapest of the three. But i know the ps3 will strike back because it is the best of the lot.

Sorry but I am not part of that PS3 number..People really love these video game consoles...2.5m in December 2007.
    Be what's next!

Interesting......................
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5