View Poll Results: Which pc case you think I should go with?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ultra mid

2 8.33%
  • ultra full

5 20.83%
  • antech 900

15 62.50%
  • sunbeam

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Xero

ok so project: Xero is underway and i am a bit confuse what to do, some of you guys might remember when i plan to buy the hp blackbird lci 002, anyhow i did not cause looking back at it, seems like a waste even tho it was liquid cool and i was tempted to buy it, some how i didnt , i review the specs of the blackbird and to tell you the truth it was a rip off, plus building it myself would save me some funds, anyhow i am now over that. so its 2008 now, new tech out and i am confuse what to do, i plan to build it my self this time now i am thinking about water or air cooled.

what to do?

1 first i have never work with a water cooled rig before
    2, i am skeptic, what if i install it wrong, water everywhere rig mash up, money
    gone,
    3 it it 100% fail safe?

where i live now which is in Ontario, and my area doesn't have a lot of tech shops, and the hand full that exist don't have bareback components, mostly pre build and full setup etc. so i have to shop via online

i am lost again

1, i have never shop online
    2, i dont trust buying things over the net
    3, i fear my financial might gets compromise

gonna go to tha bank and get a credit / debit card btw which is better?

so i have been checking out these site
    i see Maxfactor1 and Fortis4eva buy from but i cant seems to find the mobo i want on any of them NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel now i seek else where but i dont know how they operate so i seek your advice?

Project: Xero
    Motherboard = NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel (gonna see what kind of fan i get with the board, if it aint good i might try the
    zalman

Memory = DDR2 1200 sli epp (brand dosent matter yet, gotta check more on this)

Cpu = Intel Quad q6600 (or q6700 if price drop no way am paying
    $500 + for a cpu)

Power supply = 500 or more

case = still working it, haven't find my liking yet

PS. i spoke with bl@ze and he says to stick with Air cooled since i am not seriously doing any major overclocking, thinking about it might just do that then.

your help is greatly appreciated
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Yow and T-Zero online shopping is safe if you take reasonable precautions like buying from reputable sites (google the site b4 buying to see what people saying bout em or ask people who buy online like me Genesis and Max among others) credit card or debit card with visa or mastercard logo really doesn't matter which (debit card usually easier to get ... no credit check usually)
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

T-Zero: there are a lot of good places to get info on doing watercooling right. aint no worries. trust me someone has done it all before you. just read and understand. but if its too much hassle just get a tuniq tower and call it a day. best aircooler bar none. intel proc prices arent dropping this year so its the q6600 then. amds non performance is letting intel get away with murder.
    shopping online is pretty safe as long as u avoid the sketchy places and do research on the places ur buying from. credit card for purchasing is better there are more protections against fraud and ur covered for anything over $50 bought if ur card or card # is stolen. ur in canada a lot of people i know buy from http://www.ncix.com/. shipping to canada from us sites involves customs and all that crap i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    Yow and T-Zero online shopping is safe if you take reasonable precautions like buying from reputable sites (google the site b4 buying to see what people saying bout em or ask people who buy online like me Genesis and Max among others) credit card or debit card with visa or mastercard logo really doesn't matter which (debit card usually easier to get ... no credit check usually)
    Thanx, anyhow go for the quad thats a nice bundle, i would buy it, if they had the board i want, anyhow that quad is good but i wish them did mek the clock speed @ 3.0ghz, instead of the 2.4, take it or leave it, you wont see any better than that, price range

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    T-Zero: there are a lot of good places to get info on doing watercooling right. aint no worries. trust me someone has done it all before you. just read and understand. but if its too much hassle just get a tuniq tower and call it a day. best aircooler bar none. intel proc prices arent dropping this year so its the q6600 then. amds non performance is letting intel get away with murder.
    shopping online is pretty safe as long as u avoid the sketchy places and do research on the places ur buying from. credit card for purchasing is better there are more protections against fraud and ur covered for anything over $50 bought if ur card or card # is stolen. ur in canada a lot of people i know buy from http://www.ncix.com/. shipping to canada from us sites involves customs and all that crap i guess.

this isnt a US site, so hopefully me nuh have to do the customs thing, so what you saying the credit card is better you say, i can also setup the account with a limit

eg. account 123,
    account123 limit is $30 cad, if that runs out i cant top in up like a charge card,
    i will find out later still when i talk to the rep
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

so yea pple by the Saturday mi gonna get the mobo, hope fully if mi links sort it out fi me

a closer look at it

Nah tell no lie but that board no look bad at all..Whats the specs on it?

which of the two should i buy, the deals are good but i worry about latency

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=Patriot

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by hipster View Post
    Nah tell no lie but that board no look bad at all..Whats the specs on it?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 16, 2008 at 03:15 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

thats what u call a northbridge heatsink. damn. isnt that a ddr3 board? what u looking at ddr2 for?

nice board xero...are you goin to use the 8500 gt on it?

lol .. nvidia chipset