Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !Personal experiences with symbian and WM!

Im kinda in a spot im willing to explore other handsets right now. Reason being the n81 and n82 even the old n95 is still too expensive. i was thinking i cant wait until summer to get a fone. Im thinking of getting a second hand

HTC s710

Read full review

Quick highlights
    -Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
    -Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard
    -Auto-sliding full QWERTY keyboard
    -64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM
    -TI OMAP 850, 200 Mhz processor

Is it worth getting comparing to a n81 or n82. Should i just get a 1100 or razr and wait until summer. WM fanboys i really need ur help.

Well as i always say, im a symbian fanboy and a nokia fanboy until i grow old,i really like symbian vast library of apps and symbian fones are normally well built.

Im pissed right now, the n95 is just to high right now. Im sorta angry at nokias greed. The n95 has 3 other versions and its still in the 500 range. WTF.
    There is the n95-nam,n95-8gb,n95-8gb-nam. Nam normally refers to US versions.

Comparing the HTC s710 to a n81 is not fair first off the n81 as a much better 369mhz cpu and that equals more processing power and more ram. 96mb free ram to be specific. So the n81 is a more powerful smart fone.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Jan 10, 2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Yung_Jah Guest

As you said....the phone is too expensive.

Bout how much for a 1100 or the Razr now?

It is all up to you.....if you can afford buying the Razr and still have enough to purchase the HTC by summer time...go for it. Otherwise go for the 1100. Don't really have to purchase a phone over 2500....if you want a better phone summer time.

But anything is possible...if you can sit down around a desk and work out how much you can save between now until summer...you can have a clear idea if you are able to afford the N81 or N82...otherwise....the HTC.
    Last edited by Yung_Jah; Jan 10, 2008 at 08:23 PM.

im getting the HTC dirt cheap from a pal of mines. The razr a techja/ex-classmate pal is hooking me up with one at a reasonable price and 1100 i can patch up one.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Cool

up to you what you want. I need a phone to be always connected so the 1100 would be out for me. If you can work with it till summer then patch one up as you put it and rate your funds. Depending on what you call dirt cheap too you can get the htc and sell it back summer cause no crime in that. I personally prefer symbian over WM. Have nokia n82 and loving it. Wish it had same screen as n95 though so might sell it and get one.
    Last edited by docdibble; Jan 10, 2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added info
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

docdibble ur truly a high roller u get the high tech stuff at release date prices, folks like myself have to wait 6-8 months even a year after release to have one. Donate ur n95 to me. LOL........
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by mobile_fan_2k5 View Post
    docdibble ur truly a high roller u get the high tech stuff at release date prices, folks like myself have to wait 6-8 months even a year after release to have one. Donate ur n95 to me. LOL........
    u talk like a joke i wud luv 2 hav it just 2 even touch it
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Yung_Jah Guest

Well....as for me...I have to wait 2 to 4 years before I can get the kind of phone I want, which have always been the w810i....I have not gotten one yet...considering that the price have been dropping a little now. Seen it for 190usd now.

On a second thought, I was considering to get a wi-fi phone and done...wait another 4years, then change phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Well....as for me...I have to wait 2 to 4 years before I can get the kind of phone I want, which have always been the w810i....I have not gotten one yet...considering that the price have been dropping a little now. Seen it for 190usd now.

On a second thought, I was considering to get a wi-fi phone and done...wait another 4years, then change phone.
    a youth a fi go pan comedy tour
    Pc= Hp dv6t

I kinda find out say if you want stuff you have get rid of your old stuff then make your way up the ladder. Too bad everybody a sell and not buying. Mobile fan i say save you money and go on par wid a 3310, if you can find one, until you can afford you true desire. Think like a business man
    knowledge is not limited to one persons point of view as a result learning take place, also confrontations
    Digicel
    The Bigger, Better, Network.

Confucius say.. man who smoke pot, choke on handle.
    Confucius say.. man who raise hands to angry child, leave groin exposed.
    Confucius say.. man who pull woman's bra strap, may get bust in face.
    Confucius say.. man who put face in punchbowl, get punch in nose.
    Confucius say.. foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

me aggo buy the razr from whitedude and Bubba
    Pc= Hp dv6t