Thread: The True Power of X (XBox)

Default The True Power of X (XBox)

If the XBox has a mod chip (Executioner I know of) and EvolutionX installed. Then you will be able to realize how good the XBox is.

Here are examples of what you can do:
    1. Turn into a media center - Still can play games but can now play movies and mp3's all from the HardDrive.
    2. You can backup all your games to the Harddrive, and then play directly from it without the disc.
    3. Skin it - Change the look of the interface.

Clearly the XBox is more powerful than a PS2 and has more features. It seems as If Microsoft was planning to make these features readily available on the XBox 2. That's why they are trying to shut down all XBox Mod-Chip Manufactures, and why EvolutionX (EvoX) can only be found underground...ftps...newsgroup....and so foth... ;D

Default Re:The True Power of X (XBox)

Are you implying there are legitimate ways of achieving this?

Heck no... Microsoft sure don't like it, and since u gonna put a mod chip in it and change the OS the answer is no... But it's your hardware so you should be able so do these things, since that u not gonna use bootleg disc in it... Anyway thay why you won't find any XBOX modchip that is flashed or the evoX on any website. They can't do you anthing if you buy a mod chip that isn't flashed, so believe...

Microsoft is dumb for not encouraging that sorta thing. When game coders build a game these days, they make it so open ended that people can cut it open after they've finished with it and made a billion mods and addons for it. If Microsoft really wanted to overrun the Playstation 2 system, they should've made it so that one can easily mod the box and change the OS features. Something tells me they're slowly becoming what Apple Corp was back in the day - too tight fisted. Expandability and replay value are what turn gaming entities into icons.

I have the xbox's OS and the updates for it.

Wonders can be done.

this made the daily news while I was away... Microsoft's stance is that there aren't enuff people with the tech know-how to manipulate this flaw for the modding to become a threat.

just for kicks.. http://www.xboxhacker.com

P.S. - i'd be careful of any website that was posted in a U.S. daily newspaper, especially one that's supposed to help you rip off 'the' superpower. Don't leave any tracks!