View Poll Results: Who will win the War???

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo

20 33.90%
  • Microsoft

20 33.90%
  • Sony

15 25.42%
  • Not Sure

4 6.78%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Company Will Win the War for this Generation of Systems

My point in all of this is simply this, the Wii has certainly won the console wars but in my mind they are not competing in the next gen war because to me it is not a next gen console.

What I take from this is that maybe consumers were not really ready for next gen but simply wanted a unique current gen console.

The reality is how much people out there have really bought into High Definition and how many can afford 40+ inch plasma/lcd tvs to take advantage of these next gen consoles?

So my point again is, Nintendo has shown that consumers are not yet fully ready for what next gen offers.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Cool Hmmmm

Sean Bee - You mean current gen systems cause nex gen systems haven't come out yet. And the Wii no matter watz in it is a current gen system along with PS3 and 360....
    Nex gens won't be out for another 2-3 years....
    Hostile Takeover - It's Funny how money changes situations.
    Check out my link below
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAinzlee

What's makes a console a "next gen" console?? Seriously? Wii's innovative controller is next gen and is paralleled by no other system. So forgive for not understand totally what "next gen" is and enlighten me please.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    What's makes a console a "next gen" console?? Seriously? Wii's innovative controller is next gen and is paralleled by no other system. So forgive for not understand totally what "next gen" is and enlighten me please.

Good point but these three systems were referred to as NEx gen while the other systems ps22, xbox and gamecube were out. Now they are current gen. for example ps4 would be nex gen....
    Check out my link below

Quote Originally Posted by ainsleydacres View Post
    They who Pezz?
    sony I am talking about

next gen? whats the point? you cant buy a next gen system now anyway. and next gen like that bredrin said isnt for at least another 2-3 years. if it was cpus you could say wait for next gen thats maybe another year. but consoles youre talking about another 3 years minimum down the road. so its a fatuous argument. talk about what someone can buy in the store for another 12 months. i havent been to six flags in awhile but i've been to a few malls and trust me every large showpiece mall has a wii area set up. people lining up to play tennis or whatever. in the consciousness of the general population the wii is king. it may not have a hd def drive or anything but thats not people buy it for.

The only way Sony will even bypass M$ is if they drop the price of the system by 100 more else they dooomed....

But Wii can't be beat. everytime anybody buy one ps3 about 4 Wii get pick up...
    Check out my link below

Wii is like a cult..... bigger than Gigapet!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    Wii is like a cult..... bigger than Gigapet!
    true, true....

And ppl who aren't even interested in games buy Wii just to exercise or replace the board game on fridays.

And all ppl a talk which game get game a de yr although it only came out late '07..........Super Mario galaxy ( i need to get that game). beating out callof duty 4, halo 3 and many others even Guitar Hero which jus sneak up pon America couldn;t touch it.....

Long Live Nintendo :
    Check out my link below

I guess that's how nintendo demonstrates it's longevity because up to this day people still playing super mario bros 1.