View Poll Results: Who will win the War???

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nintendo

20 33.90%
  • Microsoft

20 33.90%
  • Sony

15 25.42%
  • Not Sure

4 6.78%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Company Will Win the War for this Generation of Systems

I don't know why I always end up in the console thread but it's obvious Atari and Nintendo set the trends for games. Atari got something going once but they somehow drop off the market, so Nintendo pick up from them and will always keep up the reason games were made. Pure fun and replayability, which is what most games coming out nowadays lack.

Everyone has their preferences though, whether it be getting a Wii which we don't give a woot about graphics just a heck of a lot of fun, or a 360 (hopefully didn't get it too early before they had to call em back to fix hardware issues), which has been stated to pretty much be the same as the PS3 in terms of graphics and the only real difference is the prices. If you can afford the PS3 or 360 then you got your incredible graphics rendering machine.

At the end of the day, all the consoles have their hit games. Nintendo has Mario, Zelda & Donkey Kong, Sony has Final Fantasy (well more like Square Enix) & Grand Turismo (well more like Polyphony Digital) and Microsoft has Halo (that's it?). Now tell me which of these hit games would you play over and over again in single player and never get bored?
    Last edited by Powpow; Jan 5, 2008 at 06:47 PM.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

LOL.... good point. I still think Nintendo will own and continue to own. Anybody can play the wii. This 10 button thing and dual analogs have thrown alot of people off. How much is poiting and clicking? Why you think DS is such a hit also?

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

In my opinion the WII is certainly not a next gen console so for me the choice is better the PS3 and the XBOX 360 and believe it or not guys I think M$ will win this round; my opinion is by the time Sony catches up, both would be looking to release the next next gen
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Actually a heard that Square Enix making all there future titles available for the Wii......
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

a lot of people who are gearheads miss the point of the wii. its not the most technologically advanced console but its probably the most fun and the one with shallowest learning curve. youre in the store and they have demo models of all the consoles which one do you think is the easiest to pick up and learn? and then theres the price? less than half the price of the 80GB PS3. nintendo makes money on each console which is more than can be said for sony or microsoft. all that cool hardware isnt cheap to make. people talk about how high end the graphics on the ps3 or 360 are. so what? its not like the wiis are like back in the pacman days. its just annoying people going people going ps3 or 360 is winning the console war. must be the war between themselves because the wii owns them both. and unless the studio is in the pockets of sony or microsoft they have to develop a version of any game for the wii. simple economic fact of life.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    did u try to find a wii most of last year? in any case this demographic thing is nonsense. all my friends are over 30 and they all have wiis. hell even some of them their parents have wiis. thats the thing about the wii that caught everyone off guard, it appealed to all demographics. the ps3 and 360 were fighting over the hardcore gamer who was willing to spend $500+ and dont blink. as a percentage of the general population the hardcore gamer isnt that great a number, the wii appeals to the everyman and everywoman. its outsold both the ps3 and 360 in a bad way.
    Very true. No one really expected the Wii to hit such high appeal and it has caused the other game companies to be playing catch up. They won't... more people are using wiis for parties and other social events and you can know when a system has taken over when all the ads for supestores have it and even sitcoms or reality shows that system is the system of choice. Catch up who. Wii gaan lef U long time!!!
    Hostile Takeover - It's Funny how money changes situations.
    Check out my link below
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAinzlee

Further proof that the WII done win the "war" I was at 6flags amusement park here in Georgia and dem have a whole big room with nutten but WIIs and that was one of the biggest attractions there....... people of all ages line up to get a chance to play the WII. So to agree with both ainsleydacres and Gladiator the WII has won (maybe not for the hardcore gamers who are a minority anyway) for the general population.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    Further proof that the WII done win the "war" I was at 6flags amusement park here in Georgia and dem have a whole big room with nutten but WIIs and that was one of the biggest attractions there....... people of all ages line up to get a chance to play the WII. So to agree with both ainsleydacres and Gladiator the WII has won (maybe not for the hardcore gamers who are a minority anyway) for the general population.
    Thanks for the backup. better luck next generation Sony and M$ (not that M$ did so bad). I mean even if all of them had launched on the same day this would still be the outcome just like the poll is saying now...
    Check out my link below

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Japan hates M$, 90% of game devs are in Japan. Short of FPS macho games, the Xbox does not have an exclusive library like Sony does.

PS3 Dec sales: Japan: 57,906 America: 143,771, Others:246,814 Total: 448,491
    XBOX Dec sales: Japan:7,022 America:188,145 Others:142,155 Total:337,322

Notice the trend... Sony is slowly catching up, cause they seem to realise the arrogance and blatant lies they tried before not working out, and they have dropped the price, and have some solid stuff like MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5 for exclusives.
    eh eh nuh gimme!!!! they are going to be in the lead when the next gen consoles are soon to be out

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    eh eh nuh gimme!!!! they are going to be in the lead when the next gen consoles are soon to be out
    They who Pezz?
    Check out my link below