Thread: $2000 keyboard anyone?

Default $2000 keyboard anyone?

Art Lebedev Reveals Optimus Successor

when you are tired of typing....just watch a movie....on the keyboard of course.....

Dubbed the 'Optimus Tactus', it is a prototyped touch screen keyboard with unlimited customisability that leaves the Maximus looking a little Minimus.
    Despite revealing virtually no hard facts whatsoever, Lebedev simply states the Tactus "does not have physical keys, which means there are no restrictions on their shape and size. Any part of the keyboard surface can be programmed to perform any function or to display any images."

Strangely, Lebedev neglects to mention video is also within its remit too as the design studio demonstrates this feat with a classic snippet from Russiantastic faux-lesbian-brief-supergroup Tatu's schoolgirl-alicious "All the things she said" music video. Less titillating, but arguably more useful however are the top right shortcuts to quickly change language layouts and formatting.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/periph...s-Successor/p1

rich boy toys dat!

Thats one crazy *** keyboard i would love to get one

the author recommends using the tech in laptops cause of the benefits... saving costs? The thing cost 2000 in itself. I would love one still... i like the tactile sensation of my keys but that board too good.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Yung_Jah Guest

$2000us? Thats madness....

Although you can watch something on it....where does the letters go? Is this some kind of digital keyboard?

To me, it's silly and waste of money to buy one.
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

Thats for BILL gates and Steve JOBs............ 2k US can make me a tricked out machine.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

I need tactile feedback...can't deal with touch surfaces for typing and even phone.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Yung_Jah Guest

I would prefer getting a laptop for 2k instead.

We will have to wait until the price drop fast....

The more I think about it, the more rediculous the whole thing is. **darn....**
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

I like the concept and where they are heading with this kind of technology but I don't think it's really worth $2000. Any day my keyboard cost anywhere close to my PC I need to have my head checked out.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.