View Poll Results: Have you ever been terminated from a job before?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I've been fired/terminated from a job before

12 22.64%
  • No, I've never been fired or terminated from a job

39 73.58%
  • I don't know if I've ever been fired or terminated

2 3.77%
  • I refuse to disclose any information

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Fired from a job

Default Being Fired from a job

Has this happened to you? You’re headed to a meeting with your boss, and when you reach his office, you find the corporate attorney and/or HR director with him. The next thing you know, the tag team is telling you, "We no longer need your services," and they’re ushering you out the door.
    Read about the 18 Signs You're About to Get Fired
    Getting fired in a very public manner the way former Microsoft CIO Stuart Scott was earlier this week can have a devastating impact on an executive's career but doesn’t have to be the end of it, say recruiters.
    Read about what a high profile firing means to a career.

Have you ever been fired from a job? How did you deal with it? Do you think you are going to be fired? How will you deal with it?

I know of one case where a senior executive was taken to lunch by their superior (w/ HR as well), they had a nice meal and at the end of it they pretty much fired the person. All this was being done while the executive's office and belongings were being cleared out and the executive wasn't even allowed by into the office. The company car was taken away on the spot and they had to call a family member for a lift home.

The information I have doesn't indicate any wrong-doing on the part of the executive to warrant this treatment. I guess this is how they throw you out when you reach certain levels.

Oh and BTW - this is not the case of the telecom exec that you may be thinking of
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I know of one case where a senior executive was taken to lunch by their superior (w/ HR as well), they had a nice meal and at the end of it they pretty much fired the person. All this was being done while the executive's office and belongings were being cleared out and the executive wasn't even allowed by into the office. The company car was taken away on the spot and they had to call a family member for a lift home.

The information I have doesn't indicate any wrong-doing on the part of the executive to warrant this treatment. I guess this is how they throw you out when you reach certain levels.

Oh and BTW - this is not the case of the telecom exec that you may be thinking of
    What goes around normally comes around Chris. Trust me. Alot of times it's called ScapeGoatery. I've been there once before not nice, but justice always prevails.

I must admit that article hit the nail on the head, I'm committing these to memory and looking through at the hints that have probably been dropped my way.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 30, 2007 at 06:58 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

No star ... eeeeeeediat ting dat!
    Better they just came out straight and told the man what is what without the lunch argument. Then to make the man have to call for a drive home?

Eeeeeeediat ting dat star!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    No star ... eeeeeeediat ting dat!
    Better they just came out straight and told the man what is what without the lunch argument. Then to make the man have to call for a drive home?

Eeeeeeediat ting dat star!
    eediat ting dat fi real yes....jus mek a man kno seh yo...dem a let him guh dan mek di man gudly a tink seh yo him and him supervisor a sparr (short lived but still)
    My aim!!!!!!!!!!!! to prove you wrong!!!
    StArZ "Я" Us

Very Nice Thread, I wont ever be fired for a long time, I since resigned my job and started my own business, so I am my own boss.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Very Nice Thread, I wont ever be fired for a long time, I since resigned my job and started my own business, so I am my own boss.
    Good idea...how can i get one of those jobs?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    Good for you. I wish you all the best. It won't be easy, but at least you know at the end of the day you take the profits, and nobody can fire you.
    Quote Originally Posted by delly_jm View Post
    Good idea...how can i get one of those jobs?
    You don't "get" one of them jobs. You "make" one of them jobs.

Jah know, a real shegriz ting dat. Not even give the man a little warning. Wait, it nuh illegal fi fire an exec like dat, without even di slightest notice? Mi hear 'bout dwag that get put down better than that.
    So I Heard You Liek Mudkipz?

Quote Originally Posted by Juelz View Post
    ... Wait, it nuh illegal fi fire an exec like dat, without even di slightest notice? ...
    I would suspect that the person's employment contract allowed for the employer to pay in lieu of notice. The person wasn't at the company for very long ... probably 1 year +... so there wasn't a whole heap of money to pay out.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com