Thread: Having problem changing pages in a thread

Default Having problem changing pages in a thread

Dunno if it's been reported, but while being a n00b on this forum, I'd better make use of the privileges before they end( and help out TechJa while I'm at it).....

I'm using firefox 0.9.2 and sometimes when trying to go to another page in a thread, I get a window coming up to save a particular page. It's happened twice so far (first I'm logging in since the forum upgrade).
    Aint no shame in bein a geek

Default Re: Having problem changing pages in a thread

That sounds really strange there Booma. Lets see if we can diagnose this and find out why this is happening.

- Did you see the name of the file that it is asking you to save?
    It might be some advertisment or spyware. If it happens again, make sure you note the filename and extention.

- Were you logged in when this happened to you or were you browsing as a guest?
    - Was it a particular thread that this happened to you? Do you remember which thread?
    If not, take note of the thread you were viewing when it happens again.

- What exactly did you click on, to go to the next page in the thread?
    There's only one way to go to the next page of a thread, and that's by using the page numbers at the top or bottom right of the thread.

- What Operating System are you using?

Most of us use Firefox here and don't encounter this problem.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I just tried it in FireFox 0.9.2 and no sign of the pop-up dialog box mentioned. Booma, if you can help us by answering sthe questions raised by Arch....
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

No probs guys.
    Don't really remember the filenames (I was tired last nite when it happened), but I think it was a php file. Wasn't spyware or adverts, my system is pretty well locked down.

To be clear, it wasn't a pop up 'window' so to speak, its just one of the regular dialog boxes u'd get from within any programme when u click to save/save as.

It happened when I was logged in. I was viewing threads in the networking section - my one about 'PDA, GPS maps and Jamaica' and a few of the ones concerning digicel's GPRS notes, and the GSM/CDMA thread. Those were the only ones I was browsing, and it happened twice.

I didn't click on the 'next page' icon, I clicked on the page number (both the ones at the top and bottom at times). I think in both instances I was clicking on a previous page (from 2->1).

I use WinXP pro with SP1.

I don't have any download accelerators or anything of the sort installed. I left clicked on all icons (so no possible right click errors).

It seems to be more of a bug than a definite problem, as it only happened twice. I'll keep browsing and see how it goes. Much love to the admin for pouncing on this bug report right away..... good job guys.

That's strange Booma.

I have been using Firefox for the past several months but have never encountered that problem. The only difference is that I am running Mandrake 10...you are running WinXP

I've never had that prob either. Even on this forum, I've never had it before last nite and I've been lurking here for quite some time. Only thing that's changed in all this is that its the first I'd been back since the forum upgrade. WinXP isnt THAT bad.
    With regards to the 'problem' tho, its prob just a bug as it hasn't happened to me all morning.
    Last edited by Booma; Aug 23, 2004 at 09:03 AM. Reason: add more details