View Poll Results: Which one would you prefer to own?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

17 39.53%
  • Playstation 3

26 60.47%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 vs PS3

Default Xbox 360 vs PS3

Ok its that time of year when I pick up some gadget or tech item that I resist throughout the year and this year it will be a gaming console. My PS2 is growing grey hairs now so its time to upgrade. My dilemma is should I go with the Xbox or PS3.

If you vote one or the other please state your reason(s).

D.

This is a topic that has been discussed heavily and I think is a pretty sensitive one (reminds me of Intel vs AMD discussions or a ATI versus Nvidia).

For me it all boils down to what you want out of the console as both have their pros and cons and it is up to the potential owner to determine which one better aligns to what they are looking for.

I currently own both but my preference is the PS3 and a lot of that is I admit a little bias on my part (always prefered Sony from PS1 days).

Pros for the PS3

1) Reliability - buy the PS3 and forget about it
    2) Upfront cost - the list price is considered high by some but in my opinion the XBOX 360 has a lot of hidden costs which have to be considered; if you are not careful you may end up spending more on the XBOX than the PS3
    3) Free Online Play - play anyone on the Playstation network for free
    4) Better hardware
    5) Gran Turismo - I don't need to say anything more
    6) Better looking
    7) Out of the box Hi-Definition player - Blu Ray will win, seanbee sey that

Pros for the XBOX 360

1) Moddable - I don't think that anyone can argue, the biggest advantage the XBOX has over the PS3 is the fact that it is moddable to play burnt games; M$ should thank the hackers as a fair amount of console owners actually purchased for this fact
    2) More games - the truth is XBOX has more and some would say better games than the PS3
    3) XBOX live is unbeatable - if you can live with XBOX Silver or can afford XBOX Gold then the reality is M$ has a patent on Online gaming that can't be beat right now, the experience is simply awesome
    4) Developer friendly

After reviewing my list, I must admit that the XBOX definately comes out to being a better buy but the biggest negative of the console is reliability, just google RROD and see what I am talking about, hopefully the falcon processor will reduce/eliminate this
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Hmm maybe its one of those things where you just need both :-)
    Ill let you guys know when I decide.

Thanks for the breakdown seanbee.

you dont need blue ray man for gaming go for a 360 or for watching movies go for ps3 remember a console main thing is gaming and if it cant do it well it makes no sense

PS3 is a better investment. XBOX 360 have Red Ring of Death - that kills your investment.

PS3 for the win!

I just personally prefer the ps3.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

When all is said and done the PS3 is just the better console to me..watch it come into its own in the next 2 years...remember i told ya
    MSI NF750-G55 Motherboard , AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1 GHz ,
    Corsair XMS3 4GB 2 X 2 GB PC3-10666
    ,Seagate Barracuda 500 gb HDD , Nvidia GT520 , Acer 20'' LCD Monitor

Sony is kind a lagging in the current console wars but its gonna bounce back soon. So PS3. Theyll have the make the dev pack even easier to use and you say it cannot be modded. BUT what the hell Ps3. I kinda stick to what im use to to when it comes to tech. Its being ps1,ps2 and althought i cant afford a ps3 right now i can pest my cousins console so im alright.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

the ps3 can be moded check this out HERE

* PS3 NAND FLASHER, allow to read and write nand flash of PS3.
    * Every BIOS is signed for every consoles, so is not possible to use a BIOS from a different PS3 in another.
    * Right now is possible to backup the firmware and restore it in the same console, good for BIOS backup, to update and downgrade the firmware of the console
    * PS3 NAND FLASHER allow the developer to study and analyze the PS3 BIOS in a easy way
    Pc= Hp dv6t

PS3...xbox 36ǿ has issues...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.