Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaica medals ... Olympics

Default Jamaica medals ... Olympics

3 Jamaicans in the 100M final and coming out with a bronze ... not bad although I was hoping for at least 2 medals. That Russian that won has some sserious power

Default Re: Jamaica medals ... Olympics

man i hate olympics, however any thing my country in i put my own feelings aside
    Life is unfair
    But you dont have to be!!!

Yeah me glad that we medal in this one,at least I was hoping that we would have gotten two.But we have to big them up for reaching the finals imagine 3 Jamaicans in the 100m finals now that is good. It would have been terrible for none to get a medal.

I can only imagine if we did come first,second and third respectively.

Let just see on Sunday what the 3 guys in the finals can do!
    Last edited by ProdMaster; Aug 21, 2004 at 04:02 PM.
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!

nice job to all 3 of them for reaching that far.
    i just looked on the olympics site, we are ranked 44th with 15 other countries in medal standings and 53rd with 7 other countries for ranking by gold.

look how many countries there are in the world, and little jamaica is placed in the rankings ahead of so many countries.

bravo to the olypmic team.
    Last edited by digitalchef; Aug 21, 2004 at 04:06 PM.

@ prodmaster - that would've been so lovely wouldn't it.

@ leon - why don't you like the olypmics??

Remember that all three are college students so they are just starting their Olympic careers. Veronica is only 23 and she is the oldest. They are the next generation after Merlene Ottey and Judith Cuthbert. These girls will be running for another ten years or so.

Veronica did her best time ever. Today she went under 11 seconds twice. She had never gone under 11 seconds before. This is a great step forward for her. To get a bronze in a race where everyone is doing such fast times is great.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalchef
    nice job to all 3 of them for reaching that far.
    i just looked on the olympics site, we are ranked 44th with 15 other countries in medal standings and 53rd with 7 other countries for ranking by gold.

look how many countries there are in the world, and little jamaica is placed in the rankings ahead of so many countries.

bravo to the olypmic team.
    Remember that America has a population of couple hundred million people to choose runners from. We have between 2 and 4 million. Yet 3 of us were in the finals. What are the odds of that?

When Merlene and Juliet were running, they were a major threat for the Americans. They are no longer in the picture, yet Jamaica is still a major threat to the Americans. That shows the depth of the talent that exists.

its actually close to 2.7mil jamrock.
    i wasn't comparing them to any other country, i was just making an observation that we have done better than alot of other countries by even having participants in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by sandor
    3 Jamaicans in the 100M final and coming out with a bronze ... not bad although I was hoping for at least 2 medals. That Russian that won has some sserious power
    she is not Russian... she is from BELLARUS !! [sp]
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

yeh .. Kudos to our Jamaican athletes .... it just shows the prowess that we as Jamaicans show whenever we are put to a challenge ..... just can't wait to hear our national anthem played ....