Thread: Ram.vbe (speed up system with notepad)

Default Ram.vbe (speed up system with notepad)

anyone know anything about this, heard it really good but not sure,
    it is suppose to speed the system up or something like that,

anyone used this under vista yet

open notepad and type

mystring=(80000000)

and save it as ram.vbe, you will see a script looking file
    and double click on it to run the file,

PS. you wont see any thing pop up, but you will notice the difference

this is for xp

video here
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Yung_Jah Guest

Have you tried it????? I want to know from people who have....before i do it....lol

well if i can understand what it actually does, I will try it
    bored with too much to do

YEa, i was trying to figure out what exactly its doing. Though i'm pretty sure whatever it is won't really speed my pc up that much if any. If so, I'm sure it would be more popular.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

It seems to place a string in memory that supposed to free up the memory, or something.
    Pffff.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis2kx View Post
    YEa, i was trying to figure out what exactly its doing. Though i'm pretty sure whatever it is won't really speed my pc up that much if any. If so, I'm sure it would be more popular.
    oh it is popular
    google it and you will see, it on mostly gamers forum

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Have you tried it????? I want to know from people who have....before i do it....lol

yes i have tried it, but i cant seems to see the difference because my system is good, check my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    It seems to place a string in memory that supposed to free up the memory, or something.
    Pffff.
    oh, but what does that string do specifically huh
    Last edited by T-Zero; Dec 10, 2007 at 04:30 PM.
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by T-Zero View Post
    oh, but what does that string do specifically huh
    LoL, you don't know either.
    From what I am reading it just free's up your memory, like those programs that immediately free's up unused memory. It obviously isn't doing anything miraculous since it is just a string. Those program tho, because they take free up the memory, programs that I normally taks longer to start, start menu takes longer to open, etc., because a lot of the info is stored in memory for quick access.

Pffffff.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008