Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Your views why you dont like VISTA

It is five years late.

uses more resources to do the same job less efficiently for more money than the operating system its supposed to replace.
    i resent being made a paying beta tester.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMac2 View Post
    uses more resources to do the same job less efficiently for more money than the operating system its supposed to replace.
    i resent being made a paying beta tester.
    Endorsed.

Also Incompatible with so many programs.

SLOW
    SLOW
    oh and did i say SLOW

Provides no good reason for me to switch from XP or Ubuntu
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Vista is Windows ME reincarnated .... only a prettier version with prettier Bugs...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Windows ME 2006 ... whata ting ...

You guys sound like a broken record...dont you all love to consume disk space..We already covered a similar discussion..Please review the postings.
    Be what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by zandex View Post
    You guys sound like a broken record.... broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....broken record....

Isn't what the broken record is saying starting to make sense at some point.

I have the same dku5 driver problem that someone else mentioned, also have a problem with my sound blaster card, the old drivers that I have worked, then automatic updates installed another driver, all of a sudden, my sound went from clean and clear to sounding like its locked up in a water tank, also the sound card control panel doesn't work with vista.
    Any piece of software you wanna run you gotta find the vista version to download, that isnt fun because my internet connection isn't fast. During the switch from windows 2000 to XP, you could easily use your 2000 apps on xp, you still can. (whats the reason the os can't be backwords compatible with this regard again?)
    A laptop with a 1.7 ghz celeron (one of the new cores, don't remember the name though), and 512 MB 667 mhz ddr2 does basic office stuff and plays music and DVD in a very crappy manner with vista, and even a few evenings ago, i booted the machine (took five minutes) and tried to load MMC, after about 15 minutes past, I gave up and told the owner i'm gonna get rid of vista and put xp on... he readily agreed...

oh, and I almost forgot, the darkened screen popup thing is annoying as hell... (and I refuse to invest time into trying to get rid of it)
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

I think Zandex knows something that we all just cannot comprehend.
    Anyway, I totally agree with SGT's point. With Vista, the purpose is soooo defeated.

I bet Zandex has a different version from the rest of us....darnit!!!
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

You guys really want to know what's wrong with Vista? MicroSoft!!!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate