Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your views why you dont like VISTA

Yung_Jah Guest

Well we all have a problem with Vista.....even a friend of mine who got a laptop with Vista.....took it off and install XP.

Vista do have a good look about it, but does not satisfy us.

One thing I never see complaints about, but which I've experienced - it takes one minute or more to delete a 4K file.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

LOL....yes.... it takes more time "calculating" than actually deleting. Interestingly enough... while using it on my desktop...I never really had that problem or it wasn't that long...but on my gf's laptop and other machines.....WOW! Ridiculous.

Yeah Vista can lag a bit sometimes. I thought installing 2 more gigs to bring my total to 3gb of RAM would be SUPER fast but no almost feels the same as when I had just 1. Unfortunately though since I don't have any HUGE issues with compatibility etc, I don't see much need to go back to XP right now.
    Last edited by Technoboy; Dec 8, 2007 at 10:46 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

I was just always worried that a simple driver installation might crash the OS, which happened a few times unknowingly installing "incompatible" drivers.

Vista 64 Bit Aldayne?

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

I have 0 issues with vista... well that calculating thing sometimes....

oh shoot, and GG client as well..... wait I think I jus dont play games or anything rather than study and movie watching while in vista

Yung_Jah Guest

The bottom line is.....Vista have a problem in some areas where we have interest in.

Whether installing games....softwares...drivers...etc...

For a normal person who have a small knowledge of computer (example, someone who never had a computer)....they won't have a problem with Vista....just to type in Microsoft Word....watch movies....listen to music....browse the net....and thats it.

Yes they will yung_jah.... probably more than us because some of the problems can be circumvented by techies. At the very least, the damn "permissions" dialogue box would drive them up the wall.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Yeah electro, whats the deal with those permission boxes. I'm going to delete this file i dont need anymore......tinted screen..... Permission box......continue or cancel.....
    Anyone got a problem with their memory boost?
    knowledge is not limited to one persons point of view as a result learning take place, also confrontations
    Digicel
    The Bigger, Better, Network.

Confucius say.. man who smoke pot, choke on handle.
    Confucius say.. man who raise hands to angry child, leave groin exposed.
    Confucius say.. man who pull woman's bra strap, may get bust in face.
    Confucius say.. man who put face in punchbowl, get punch in nose.
    Confucius say.. foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.