Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your views why you dont like VISTA

Well I have long found a way to turn that permission crap off. I don't want to be giving consent every minute to my legitimate operations.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Another thing I dislike is the time it takes to unzip a file that I've downloaded. I have to go into properties each time to "un-block" the file. I'm sure there is a way to change the settings so that it doesn't "block" downloaded files, but time hasn't allowed the research time.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

hmm wat bun me with Vista is dat anytime i open an exe file the tinted screen and dialoge box comes up asking if u want to allow the program but yet wen a exe virus is on the thumb drive it doesnt ask if i want to block it wen it runs
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA View Post
    but yet wen a exe virus is on the thumb drive it doesnt ask if i want to block it wen it runs
    Anything triggered using autorun.inf, is designed to be ignored by the OS (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by [I.R.A]_FBi View Post
    OEM's are shipping Vista on machines that barely meet minimum specs
    This is the best way to make hardware cheaper for the users to afford. It also works out better for the OEM too, in that the customer has to buy additional hardware (such as RAM) to improve performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ...incompatibility with several software applications.
    Or is it that developers weren't "forward-thinking" enough to write software for (compatibiltiy with) future generation OS?

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    it takes one minute or more to delete a 4K file.
    It takes a while to update the windows index file, after deleting that 4K file. I believe that some automatic defragmentation process is going on in the background as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by techwizz View Post
    Anyone got a problem with their memory boost?
    My problem with ready boost, is that even after disabling it, it still will not allow me to eject USB flash drives. I still love the feature nonetheless.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 10, 2007 at 05:38 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Anything triggered using autorun.inf, is designed to be ignored by the OS (in my opinion).
    You are correct.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

it reminds me of ME which i absolutely hated.....
    cant see myself venturing there......

i now have three versions of linux and am gonna test them one by one......maybe its time to say goodbye and keep my xp for the progs that run properly without having to emulate....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    One of the reasons for my not liking Vista is its incompatibility with several software applications.

Straight...............plus that annoying dialog box that pops up everytime u try to install an app.
    The world can be a better place.....
    1st. believe

...which you have the option of turning off easily.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Lol... alot of people don't seem to know how to do it. Hell, it's so hard that I can't even remember how to do it off the bat but if I go into Vista, I know where to go. That feature supposed to be the most annoying thing to the "paper-pushers".

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

hogs system resources, and driver incompatibility
    Smartphone: HTC One X: Rooted (Stock 4.0.4)
    Tablet: Apple iPad2 - 16GB
    Netbook: Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 160GB HD, 2GB
    By Faith All Things Are Possible