Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASP.net error

Default ASP.net error

I've been getting this error after i have installed this software on a companies server/machine?

Server Error in '/CallAccounting' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Interop.MSComctlLib'.

Please note that this application works properly on other systems. As it says its a configuration error, i'm clueless cuz all the necessary permissions were given.

Please offer some help
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

Had a problem like this once. I had to go and disable Indexing on some folder.I will update shortly

Update
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

Yes...recursion that seems about right....also had a similiar problem...when deployed on clients server...turn off indexing on your framework directory

thanks guys for the replies, but now i'm getting a new error, object reference not set to an instance of an error. Now here goes I got this error in the past ok, and what the problem was that i didnt define some variables and set some cookies correctly. For example at one point i was looking for a cookie that was not available so i sorted that out first by checking if it was actually created. Now its the same installation i've done on other client computers that runs ok, but for this certain company its back to that annoying error. Can anybody offer some help?
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by norminator View Post
    thanks guys for the replies, but now i'm getting a new error, object reference not set to an instance of an error. Now here goes I got this error in the past ok, and what the problem was that i didnt define some variables and set some cookies correctly. For example at one point i was looking for a cookie that was not available so i sorted that out first by checking if it was actually created. Now its the same installation i've done on other client computers that runs ok, but for this certain company its back to that annoying error. Can anybody offer some help?
    whats the OS on the machine. is there a difference with OS nad service packs installed on the machine

This is a known issue with the ASP.NET 1.1 when the system does not copy the assembly from the bin folder to the temp folder of the your ASP.NET application. A quick fix for me, though it seems odd, is that you can manually copy the Interop.MSComctlLib to the temp folder C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/callaccounting/7a3c2254/641a6ca7/

but the problem is guys at other times other fiels might give u the same eact error that has hapened to me many times and all i had to do is the samethign copy the file into the folder path mentioned above
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 10, 2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1 View Post
    This is a known issue with the ASP.NET 1.1 when the system does not copy the assembly from the bin folder to the temp folder of the your ASP.NET application. A quick fix for me, though it seems odd, is that you can manually copy the Interop.MSComctlLib to the temp folder C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/callaccounting/7a3c2254/641a6ca7/

but the problem is guys at other times other fiels might give u the same eact error that has hapened to me many times and all i had to do is the samethign copy the file into the folder path mentioned above
    yow respect kenny, I'll try doing that tomorrow at work

keroed1 Guest

yow respect kenny, I'll try doing that tomorrow at work
    yea man, no problem also see if u can give the asp.net user full access to the folder directory i showed u earlier

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1 View Post

dont c the folder called 7a3c2254 is that dynamic or something cuz i'm seeing 2 folders in the callaccounting directory :
    2370b078 and
    f8f70f79

If turning off indexing works then you might not need to manually copy a stubborn dll every time you get the error.

What type of app is it? What objects should be instantiated at startup?
    28620899862803482534211706798 pi 101

how do you turn off indexing?