Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Debit card Cloning

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    So you can check your transactions with a debit card?
    Do you get an elink account when you open an account with lets say ncb or whoever...
    yeah I go onto ncb web site everyday and check all my accounts current savings and fx

be very affraid ok ncb blocked my card around 3pm yesterday after I called them now my account full up of a whole heap of decline and balance inquiry fee is like the bastrd dem were trying to get the last 5 grand in my account and it kept declining and ncb kept on charging my account... not feeling any justice here at all 10 charges for 10 more attempts at my account... I suggest everyone check their balance and regularly this thing is for real
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 5, 2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Sorry to here about that jamaicakevkev, only hope you will get back your money. I will definitely heed your warning, and be extra vigilant when using my debit card from now on, Jah know, I can’t afford to lose the very little money that I have to these damn crooks.

But how do they get your PIN number even if they clone your debit card?

Anyway, what I do is keep my debit account to the bare minimum until I am ready to make a purchase, and then I top up just the required amount.
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
    Wondering the same thing. Unless they watched him enter in his PIN number when he made a purchase.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

normally like every one i cover it but how well do you really cover that thing I saw online where at an atm they stick a little camera overlooking the keypad and video tape this thing trust me not a fool here these people were sophisticated enough to have my number on another card withdrawing money if them skill enough to copy the info on my magnetic strip and transfer that to a new card then I am thinking them sophisticated enough to video my pin. besides what saving me is that at the same time i was doing a transaction at the supermarket in barbican these bastards where at the petcom in stoney hill with drawing 30k from my account the bank should have stopped it then... since I only have one card on the system.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post

Anyway, what I do is keep my debit account to the bare minimum until I am ready to make a purchase, and then I top up just the required amount.
    Thats what I was thinking it is a fairly simple process to copy the card, the machine can be purchased on the net and it only takes 3 secs or less and some of the machines dont even need a PC. So its not like you have to be a brain surgeon, you dont even have to know how to operate a pc. The tricky part is really how they got the PIN.

you guys need to check out this video I have found many such videos online but this one is short and too the point

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m3qK46L2b_c

My bet is they got my info at the texaco barbican.

check out this video longer but more detailed
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=y88SEANRTr8&feature=related
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 5, 2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicakevkev View Post
    My bet is they got my info at the texaco barbican.
    Did you go back to see if any equipment was left at the Texaco ATM?

Can you see all the attempts made by the bastards to withdraw money? All this info is in your transaction history, right? Can you also see the location of each ATM where the money was withdrawn? If they have made 10 attempts to withdraw money how come the they have not been nabbed as yet.

Doesn't the bank have all the information they need now? Shouldn't the built in video cam on the ATMs capture the identity of the thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Wondering the same thing. Unless they watched him enter in his PIN number when he made a purchase.
    That makes it the 3 of us...styl wonderin...other than ur logical answer

Quote Originally Posted by silentburn View Post
    Did you go back to see if any equipment was left at the Texaco ATM?

Can you see all the attempts made by the bastards to withdraw money? All this info is in your transaction history, right? Can you also see the location of each ATM where the money was withdrawn? If they have made 10 attempts to withdraw money how come the they have not been nabbed as yet.

Doesn't the bank have all the information they need now? Shouldn't the built in video cam on the ATMs capture the identity of the thieves?
    yes all this is in my transacation history downloaded and sent xcel copies to my phone so I always have this info at hand. It showed me the location were the transactions were done abm ncb stoney hill, abm bns new kingston, abm bns loshusan supermarket. whats frustrating is that this joker was trying to swindle me again, 10 times, from the card swipe dem should have sent out an armed response team could have been there in less than 5 minutes. the declined transactions do not show the locations.

as for my pin I am telling you guys to watch the videos posted above.

and for the record I really don't think that these guys went through all this trouble just to swindle me... Check your accounts more so if you have used any of the atms mentioned.

They should have all the info, man I am so pissed its not so much that I want my money back as i want these crooks to go to jail. The bank missed a great opportunity after 3 pm yesterday.
    Last edited by jamaicakevkev; Dec 5, 2007 at 04:43 PM.