Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Debit card Cloning

Default Debit card Cloning

was on my way to mailpac today to pick up some stuff one mind told me to check my bank account... lucky thing I did discovered like 6 transactions 5 today and one yesterday at atm's all over kingston and stony hill 30k 15k 15k 5k 5k 3k ... called the bank I have my card with me and have not been out since yesterday morning how can this be my christmas not looking so merry right now.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

you have to watch people when you give them your card to swipe, the device to clone the card can be held in the palm of the hands

has any one experinced anything like this and how was it dealing with the bank?.... those overseas need not respond.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

It is for this reason why I don't use debit cards, only credit cards. There is better recourse with disputing credit card fraud and also the checks and balances involved with credit card. I've had to replace my cr card several times, but that was ok since no money actually left my bank account.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

a bredgin of mine had his credit card cloned and apparently has been living a secret life in mobay. 42grand gone in visits to the supermarket and gas stations. nothing that the bank would catch except for the fact that he lives in kingston. he did some checks online and has been dealing with scotia to get it resolved. be vigilant ppl.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

|--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Well was feeling good about my debit card up until today. But was kind of thinking more people here would know something about this type of fraud locally... Kind of feeling like the stupid GUY here who don't know he shouldn't be using this damned card considering that to add insult to injury they charge you like 11 bucks every time you use it

thanks for that youtube link was feeling good until they mentioned the pin number ... will see tomorrow what the banks says

I remembered this happened to a few people in the christmas season 1 or 2 years ago.

I guess the practice has resurfaced. I think custom officers also uncovered similar equipment as shown in the youtube video at the cargo depeartment of the Sangster International Airport. This also happened a 1 or 2 years ago. It was in the papers and on the news.

So the equipment is definitely here. The crooks always seem to come out of hiding right around the christmas season.

Hope the bank can give a solution, explanation or catch the person who is messing with your account Jamaicakevkev.

The credit card issue is also screwed up. Why the hell do they need my TRN number if I flash my ID and they can match me up with the ID? Some gas stations are doing this, recording information from IDs and so on. What type of foolishness this?

So you can check your transactions with a debit card?
    Do you get an elink account when you open an account with lets say ncb or whoever...