Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Symbian os vs windows mobile

Quote Originally Posted by djloop View Post
    they some silly rabbit how u must put windows mobile with SYMBIAN phone how long u haffi wait on a software fi u windows mobile phone tell me
    pickney, pocket pcs has the most comprehensive apps. visit di site mi set up deh suh. plus comparing pocket pc and symbian handhelds, pocket pc hardware comes out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by vames View Post
    pickney, pocket pcs has the most comprehensive apps. visit di site mi set up deh suh. plus comparing pocket pc and symbian handhelds, pocket pc hardware comes out on top.
    eh eh i nah check nuttn wi dun know weh wi know already it is called experience
    Last edited by pezz; Dec 3, 2007 at 10:43 PM.

denial, terrible thing.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

couldn't agree more, symbian forever

keep the ppc wares sites coming...
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

You people are argueing like a bunch of kidz, why not get practical and start giving some raw facts. First off when I used to own a P910i it did work I must say.....it did what it was supposed to do. But as one poster hinted corporate users like myself need seemless integration, and transition from my windows powered desktop to my PDA, and only WM 5 & 6 can provide that right now. Lets look at the functionality of a WM powered device right out of the box (no 3rd party app needed) This is seemless integration.

1) Outlook (need I say more) seemless syncing with Exchange Server over any internet connection (no 3rd party app necessary)

2) I.E. the way the internet is supposed to be on a PDA (but presently being taught a valuable lesson by Safari and the iPhone)

3) Terminal Services (remote access to your desktops & servers)

4) Using my PDA as a thumb drive (browsing the contents of my device, copying and pasting data in any file format to my WM device is seemless) I don't need to install any third party drivers or download any third party software to emulate my WM device to act as a removable device on my PC.

5) I can download from the internet any data type/format and save seemlessly to my WM pda without any 3rd party software intervention.

6) I can create, edit, and save any MS Office document right on my device (no 3rd party app necessary)

7) I can create, open and save .zip files right on my device (no 3rd party app necessary)

8) Slingbox now ships with WM powered devices

9) Tom Tom's GPS Navigation Application now ships with GPS capable WM devices

10) WindowsLive Messenger comes default with Windows Mobile Devices (no 3rd party app necessary)

Thats 10 Capabilities of a WM device that comes standard right out of the box. Now Unless things have changed, when I had my p910i I had to buy all the third party apps necessary to make my device a fully functional device, and even then....I still had to battle with streamlining all these apps (which I refer to as foreign bodies) to work seemlessly on my Windows Powered PC. At the end of the day WM wins hands down in the Symbian vs Windows War. In Fact I don't even think its fair to even put WM in the same class as Symbian as it related to PC + PDA relationship, thats like comparing a Factory Turboed Car (WRX STi) to one Turboed by a Mango Tree Mechanic, worst nuff of dem running a big Turbo with no management. They both do the same thing, only that one is streamlined from the factory to work in perfect harmony with the Turbo and the other components. WM (PPC as some of you refer to it) was made to be perfect harmony with the Windows Powered Desktop. All others are just imitations.
    Last edited by Cultus; Dec 4, 2007 at 09:45 PM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    You people are argueing like a bunch of kidz, why not get practical and start giving some raw facts. First off when I used to own a P910i it did work I must say.....it did what it was supposed to do. But as one poster hinted corporate users like myself need seemless integration, and transition from my windows powered desktop to my PDA, and only WM 5 & 6 can provide that right now. Lets look at the functionality of a WM powered device right out of the box (no 3rd party app needed) This is seemless integration.

1) Outlook (need I say more) seemless syncing with Exchange Server over any internet connection (no 3rd party app necessary)

2) I.E. the way the internet is supposed to be on a PDA (but presently being taught a valuable lesson by Safari and the iPhone)

3) Terminal Services (remote access to your desktops & servers)

4) Using my PDA as a thumb drive (browsing the contents of my device, copying and pasting data in any file format to my WM device is seemless) I don't need to install any third party drivers or download any third party software to emulate my WM device to act as a removable device on my PC.

5) I can download from the internet any data type/format and save seemlessly to my WM pda without any 3rd party software intervention.

6) I can create, edit, and save any MS Office document right on my device (no 3rd party app necessary)

7) I can create, open and save .zip files right on my device (no 3rd party app necessary)

8) Slingbox now ships with WM powered devices

9) Tom Tom's GPS Navigation Application now ships with GPS capable WM devices

10) WindowsLive Messenger comes default with Windows Mobile Devices (no 3rd party app necessary)

Thats 10 Capabilities of a WM device that comes standard right out of the box. Now Unless things have changed, when I had my p910i I had to buy all the third party apps necessary to make my device a fully functional device, and even then....I still had to battle with streamlining all these apps (which I refer to as foreign bodies) to work seemlessly on my Windows Powered PC. At the end of the day WM wins hands down in the Symbian vs Windows War. In Fact I don't even think its fair to even put WM in the same class as Symbian, thats like comparing a Factory Turboed Car (WRX STi) to one Turboed by a Mango Tree Mechanic worst nuff of dem running big Turbo with no management. They both do the same thing, only that one is streamlined from the factory to work in perfect harmony with the Turbo and the other components.
    mi tink yuh just murda dem symbian bwoy ya lol MURDA DEM AN ESCAPE INNA YUH BRONCO, TEK DEM LIKKLE LIFE AND SEH TANK YUH

Quote Originally Posted by vames View Post
    mi tink yuh just murda dem symbian bwoy ya lol MURDA DEM AN ESCAPE INNA YUH BRONCO, TEK DEM LIKKLE LIFE AND SEH TANK YUH
    sorry I was busy editing my post, your quote missed my final statements..but it kool still, I'm sure they will get the message, hopefully their brains are still intact and not eaten out by TERM _ T _ S.......
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

well mi boss, lata or tomorrow dem ago return fi perlong di argument lol the mobile OS Bible says: MAN SHUD NOT LIVE BY SYMBIAN ALONE BUT THE GREAT APPLICATIONS AND USER EXPERIENCE THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN WINDOWS MOBILE! listen to the WORD from the good BOOK!!!
    Last edited by samev; Dec 4, 2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: change syas to says

Must be rough to only control about 18% of the market with such a great OS and Symbian being so underclassed controlling almost 70%. Oh lord the humanity!