Thread: GPRS settings for Nokia 2610

Default GPRS settings for Nokia 2610

I got the phone and it is has GPRS capabilities. Shortly after I got it, Digicel sent me the settings for the GPRS, WAP and MMS. I accepted them all. Along with the settings, each came with a text message saying "The settings for out WAP Service which allows you to access the Digicel Live portal on your phone will be sent to you shortly. Pincode is .....".

Now I try connecting to the Digicel Live portal and it says Incorrect Web Settings.

Unlike my previous phone, I could manually edit or change the gprs settings. But I see no where to do this.

You phone guru's have any idea? Do I call Customer Support to send me the settings again?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

So I took the liberty of downloading the manual for the 2610. I know Nokia can make it a little tricky at times to go to the settings area.

From the manual, pages 22 and 23 offer some help and page 26 and beyond. Take a look.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by technoboy View Post
    So I took the liberty of downloading the manual for the 2610. I know Nokia can make it a little tricky at times to go to the settings area.

From the manual, pages 22 and 23 offer some help and page 26 and beyond. Take a look.
    Found a section that showed where to enter in my own configuration, on page 31.

"To enter, view and edit the settings manually, select Menu > Settings > Configuration > Personal configuration settings."

Allows me to enter a default homepage, user name and password, and to use a preferred access point. But that's about it.

This is looking a little daunting. I'll buzz those customer care ppl and see if they can send the settings again. Otherwise I'll just forget about it.

If they can't send you the settings they will simply tell you to go the the dealer store to get the settings, and you can ask the agent at the store to help you

So the customer support lady said sometimes the settings work when they send it, sometimes it doesn't. Told her to send it again, she did and of course, didn't work. She said it needs to be manually entered in, so I should stop by a dealer store to take care of it.

So is something special the dealer does, why I can't enter this in myself?

On some phones the carrier can lock the Internet settings so that they cannot be edited so it is possible that the dealer can do something special. Since you have tried the manual route and the automatic one, the only thing left is to carry it in and see if they can sort it out.

Yes remember digicel don't have settings for all phones sometimes they may try to send you one from a similar phone but the phone cannot read the information it receives or may not receive it at all. Therefore you have to take it to a dealer store where someone can manually enter it in the handset.