Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Power Supply Units Explained.

power starvation could ruin your vid card/motherboard or the video card slot - sumtimes auto reboot during peak usage (from experience)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Ok, this version is already overclocked so does this mean that even though you said this PSU rating is 25 Amps it will still manage the 30 Amps that the card requires?

I don't plan to do any overclocking on this current rig. Just running everything on default settings for now.
    Your PSU may not be able to push 30 Amps without overheating or blowing a capacitor or fuse. Since the card is already overclocked it would be pulling more amps than a stock version. I would say get a better PSU. Even on stock settings you can run into trouble especially when doing intensive stuff such as gaming or rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    power starvation could ruin your vid card/motherboard or the video card slot - sumtimes auto reboot during peak usage (from experience)
    This too

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

So I should get a power supply that has different Amp rails then right? And if it has like 4 24 Amp rails would 2 of the rails add up to meet the cards requirements?
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

So I should get a power supply that has different Amp rails then right? And if it has like 4 24 Amp rails would 2 of the rails add up to meet the cards requirements?
    Not necessarily, what you need to do is look at the cumulative amp rating for the 12V rails combined to be actually sure it meets the requirements. But you can use two rails to power the card so one rail is not overloaded.

Ok, so got this 700w power supply today and it has an amps rating of 38 on the single 12v rail. Is it a good choice for the 560ti SC card I posted earlier and will it be able to manage SlI later on?

700w Power Supply:

PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Ok, so got this 700w power supply today and it has an amps rating of 38 on the single 12v rail. Is it a good choice for the 560ti SC card I posted earlier and will it be able to manage SlI later on?

700w Power Supply:

That would good enough for one of those GPUs SLI is questionable especially if overclocked... you have enough watts but amps are lacking..

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-sli-review/14

I wouldn't chance it been an "off-brand"... even my 550W Antec has more Amps than that.

I keep seeing this trend, person X spends $$$ on video card, memory, harddrive, cpu then turns around and buy a $20 power supply.
    Do not go el-cheapo on your power supply.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    I keep seeing this trend, person X spends $$$ on video card, memory, harddrive, cpu then turns around and buy a $20 power supply.
    BINGO!!! Thats the thing.

@ PowPow, you may wana look into getting a good PSU that will last you a long time and protect your components...

Here is a PSU calculator that can help you narrow down your needs based on your specs in your rig HERE

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    BINGO!!! Thats the thing.

@ PowPow, you may wana look into getting a good PSU that will last you a long time and protect your components...

Here is a PSU calculator that can help you narrow down your needs based on your specs in your rig HERE
    Yeah I used the calculator last week and it said I only needed about 360+ Watts of power for my current rig. Power supply I have in now had more than enough wattage as well but the amp rating as rated by someone earlier for it was only 25A. Just gonna use this new one for the time being till I get a new board, processor, etc then I get a high performance PSU. Just want the card to be properly powered for now.

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx View Post
    Yeah I read a lot of reviews on this so truss me I know what yuh talking about. Didn't buy the power supply only cause it cheap, but mainly cause it meets the minimum 30A rating the card needs.

I don't think this card uses that much more power than my current card (Nvidia GT 220) so I'm hoping the lil extra juice will be enough for the 560ti SC.

Yeah I used the calculator last week and it said I only needed about 360+ Watts of power for my current rig. Power supply I have in now had more than enough wattage as well but the amp rating as rated by someone earlier for it was only 25A. Just gonna use this new one for the time being till I get a new board, processor, etc then I get a high performance PSU. Just want the card to be properly powered for now.

Yeah I read a lot of reviews on this so truss me I know what yuh talking about. Didn't buy the power supply only cause it cheap, but mainly cause it meets the minimum 30A rating the card needs.

I don't think this card uses that much more power than my current card (Nvidia GT 220) so I'm hoping the lil extra juice will be enough for the 560ti SC.
    It will be enough for the 560ti SC with a good overclock..