Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    This article gives some insight on the matter.

I've played both, and as I've said before, the difference is in the gameplay. When I play Fifa08, I have to be focusing on how to do things. I have to conciously think to do manual cross, manual through pass, manual defender selection, manual goalkeeper movement etc. while with PES, I only have to think about what I want to accomplish. Want to fake out a defender? No worries, just think about it, and it is done. Want to step over the ball? No worries, visualize and it will materialize. Want to move the ball around like a pro? No difficulty there, just decide where you want the ball to go, and move it.

The ball physics make a difference. In FIFA, it is unrealistic. In PES, it is lifelike in its behaviour. PES just plays better.
    Having problems with the manual crossing, passing lol now u r the noob.Thats what makes the game more challenging everything you have to do by urself its not automatic like PES it gives u more skills it makes you feel like u have accomplished something when you have mastered the game. I can do all those things also fake out defenders, step overs, BCK just want a easy route and becuz fifa get more difficult he's running from it (Now i understand y u liked FIFA 07). Imagine mastering all those manual stuff plus the skills and playing on Legendary mode, you can truly call urself to be skilled. Sorry youth u just sink urself again!
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    No.... not gameplay.... because gameplay involves a whole lot more than how the ball and players move. And they don't even move that well. Some of them look awkward when taking shots... almost like puppets. Their legs and joints don't bend properly. They move ok when running, dribbling, tackling and passing... but when it's time to shoot...

If for you and BCK, gameplay is only ball physics, then I can see why you love PES. It's a narrow minded approach though but whatever floats your boat. Take the time and play FIFA for about 3 seasons under manager mode. The game will take on a whole new life. As a matter of a fact...bun Pro Evo.... a FIFA mi ago play now!!

BARCA!!! BARCA!!!! BARCA!!!
    yeah atleast you are seeing what I am seeing dem yout yah want easy life.....in fifa 08 we do stuff ourselves even control the keeper ourselves and I luv it

lol

Even with all the rubbish infused into Fifa08, you N00bs still couldn't beat me if you tried. I never said I couldn't master the manual stuff. I said it was messed up. Of course I can do the manual things. They're just not fun and they're annoying.

On another note, one of you lads with high end machines kindly post some high res high quality pics of PES 2008 since the ones my old machine made aren't nice enough.

lol

Even with all the rubbish infused into Fifa08, you N00bs still couldn't beat me if you tried. I never said I couldn't master the manual stuff. I said it was messed up. Of course I can do the manual things. They're just not fun and they're annoying.

On another note, one of you lads with high end machines kindly post some high res high quality pics of PES 2008 since the ones my old machine made aren't nice enough.
    dont have time to waste posting pics about pes already deleted it, and doing stuff manually for me is great I luv challenges .

lol

lol couldnt beat u, ..........dont make me laugh
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

Tried it again this morning...still sucked. I'll try again over the weekend.

By the way.... the penalty cam SUX00rz!!!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Game still sux.... I played the league crap.... and I'm winning games.... blah blah.... I sound like Daria.... cos I feel like Daria playing the game. No excitement... no nothing. Just going through the motions. By the way... in BCK's second pic... KLOSE looks like he's farting... rather than taking a shot. I have screenshots for PES. Will post em on Monday.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

LAME.....

I take back what I said about the ball physics. Sorry. In all honesty... the ball moves a bit heavy. There is no difference in the balls as in FIFA. Every ball in PE is like the other. Reminds me of the old medicine ball back in the days of Pele!

PES 2008 is a very deep game when it comes to strategy, tactics and configuration. This coaching guide gives you all the goods on PES 2008. It was made by these guys.