Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

bwoy BCK you really start this thread to continue the FIFA vs PES argument -_-;

di FIFA ppl not smart still. Unnuh shoudn't respond to this post, cuz its about PES which unnu don't like so the thread would be empty with BCK post alone LOL.
    [AMD Gallardo] [Asus M2N SLI Deluxe] [AMD 5000+ X2 black edition @ 3.2GHZ] [Zalman CNPS9700 LED][ EVGA 8800GT 512MB] [Gskill 2GB x 2 DDR2800] [Seagate 320GB IDE][Seagate 1TB, 750GB, 320GB SATA II][Western Digital 1TB SATA II][XION 600W] [NEC DL DVD-RW] [Antec Nine Hundred MidATX] [19" BenQ FP93GX LCD][40" Samsung LNA500LCD HDTV 1080p][Logitech X-230 2.1]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCryptoKnight View Post
    lol

Like I said before, you Fifa fanboiz get duped by purty pictures and hype. It's your loss if you're not a PES player. Only real football players play PES.
    LOL obviously once more you wrong again, 1 I'm a football player 2 Majority of the football players I kno play Fifa have seen PES and said it was rubbish. nice try youth but being a football player has nothing to do with it.
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by norminator View Post
    LOL obviously once more you wrong again, 1 I'm a football player 2 Majority of the football players I kno play Fifa have seen PES and said it was rubbish. nice try youth but being a football player has nothing to do with it.
    You know, when i check other forums, most of those guys prefer PES. Do a quick check...
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

OK, all i hear is ppl looking on screens of PES and then turn round and go play fifa. I want an indepth analysis y fifa better than pes, and all a unnu wa talking about graphics all u doing is showin ur game noobness. How i see it the screenshots look good enough to play(not better than fifa) but at the same time it could be more fun. Can a real gamer play both and tell me how it goes plz
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

Quote Originally Posted by -=KzR.Erasor=- View Post
    OK, all i hear is ppl looking on screens of PES and then turn round and go play fifa. I want an indepth analysis y fifa better than pes, and all a unnu wa talking about graphics all u doing is showin ur game noobness. How i see it the screenshots look good enough to play(not better than fifa) but at the same time it could be more fun. Can a real gamer play both and tell me how it goes plz
    i played both pes has robots and fifa has real moving players every player has a different dribbling style

Quote Originally Posted by -=KzR.Erasor=- View Post
    This article gives some insight on the matter.

I've played both, and as I've said before, the difference is in the gameplay. When I play Fifa08, I have to be focusing on how to do things. I have to conciously think to do manual cross, manual through pass, manual defender selection, manual goalkeeper movement etc. while with PES, I only have to think about what I want to accomplish. Want to fake out a defender? No worries, just think about it, and it is done. Want to step over the ball? No worries, visualize and it will materialize. Want to move the ball around like a pro? No difficulty there, just decide where you want the ball to go, and move it.

The ball physics make a difference. In FIFA, it is unrealistic. In PES, it is lifelike in its behaviour. PES just plays better.

I played PES8....so now mi can TALK!!! (by the way, how you change the detail settings?)

Anyways... the game......

is actually not that bad. It's very fluid.... and the motions are good BUT.... it's too.... ANIME like. The players look like warriors and not footballers. All it needs now is some corny stars, commentary and power bar and you have a "Shoalin Soccer" imitation. The players all look agressive. Especially after scoring a goal....I mean what the hell?! Even the start looks messed up. Dude running around up a hill and crap... it's almost like watching the video "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. The only thing.... and I do mean THE ONLY thing this game has over FIFA is human/ball physics. NOTHING ELSE! NADA! ZIP! ZILCH! DASH DAT WEH! It's not as fun as FIFA... not as PRETTY as FIFA....not as USER-FRIENDLY as FIFA... not as RELEVANT as FIFA.

I'm sorry... I'll play it from time to time but over FIFA on a long term basis? Hellls NOW. I'll stick to the EA franchise.... even with their bugs and all!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic View Post
    I played PES8....so now mi can TALK!!! (by the way, how you change the detail settings?)

is actually not that bad. It's very fluid.... and the motions are good BUT.... it's too.... ANIME like. The players look like warriors and not footballers. All it needs now is some corny stars, commentary and power bar and you have a "Shoalin Soccer" imitation. The players all look agressive. Especially after scoring a goal....I mean what the hell?! Even the start looks messed up. Dude running around up a hill and crap... it's almost like watching the video "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. The only thing.... and I do mean THE ONLY thing this game has over FIFA is human/ball physics. NOTHING ELSE! NADA! ZIP! ZILCH! DASH DAT WEH! It's not as fun as FIFA... not as PRETTY as FIFA....not as USER-FRIENDLY as FIFA... not as RELEVANT as FIFA.

I'm sorry... I'll play it from time to time but over FIFA on a long term basis? Hellls NOW. I'll stick to the EA franchise.... even with their bugs and all!
    lol

You have agreed with BCK and I (some what). Human/ball physics....can we just say gameplay? We already gave the 'candy' awards to fifa, and all that other mombo jumbo. It's good tho that you have seen the light (even if you refuse to look at all of it).
    Isn't it a marvelous thing? The mystery of the mind?
    Dear Mr Obama..could you please bail out caribyard.com ?
    Athlon 64x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-M590SLI-S4 Mobo, HD 4870 512MB Graphix, 4gigs OCZ DDR2 800 RAM, Acer 22" WideScreen.

No.... not gameplay.... because gameplay involves a whole lot more than how the ball and players move. And they don't even move that well. Some of them look awkward when taking shots... almost like puppets. Their legs and joints don't bend properly. They move ok when running, dribbling, tackling and passing... but when it's time to shoot...

If for you and BCK, gameplay is only ball physics, then I can see why you love PES. It's a narrow minded approach though but whatever floats your boat. Take the time and play FIFA for about 3 seasons under manager mode. The game will take on a whole new life. As a matter of a fact...bun Pro Evo.... a FIFA mi ago play now!!

BARCA!!! BARCA!!!! BARCA!!!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

The settings applet is in the PES2008 start menu folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic

Relevant? lol. I think you're trying too hard to discredit the game now. lol

No.... not gameplay.... because gameplay involves a whole lot more than how the ball and players move. And they don't even move that well. Some of them look awkward when taking shots... almost like puppets. Their legs and joints don't bend properly. They move ok when running, dribbling, tackling and passing... but when it's time to shoot...
    You have it twisted. It's Fifa that has the people looking unnatural.

Spend some time playing the Masters League in PES 2008. The game will take on a whole new life, and you'll end up liking it more than Fifa.