Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "OSX is teh new windows 98"

Default "OSX is teh new windows 98"

The Mac has officially gone mainstream.

The proof? On Halloween, professional online criminals were found using Trojan-horse software to target, for the first time, computers running Apple's OS X operating system -- just as they have been doing for years on the more ubiquitous flavors of Windows.

"Apple's day has finally come, and Apple users are going to get hit hard," security researcher Gadi Evron said. "OS X is the new Windows 98."
    more
    here

isnt this funny ... the dangers of being mainstream ... and all those holes in teh OS help too

Quote Originally Posted by [I.R.A]_FBi View Post
    more
    here

isnt this funny ... the dangers of being mainstream ... and all those holes in teh OS help too
    Nope. OS X is still way more secure than windows. 5 viruses since 2001 vs what? 43k?

OS X>Windows.
    Macbook White
    1GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8760/picture1ox3.png
    LOL!

Nope. OS X is still way more secure than windows. 5 viruses since 2001 vs what? 43k?

OS X>Windows.
    that does not mean its more secure... virus creators just target computers running windows because its more popular......

Quote Originally Posted by marlonxp View Post
    that does not mean its more secure... virus creators just target computers running windows because its more popular......
    exactly, which is why i said ...

isnt this funny ... the dangers of being mainstream ...

interesting times ahead for all those people that think that because they use a MAC they aren't vulnerable but we will see
    Big Boy 22"
    Asus A8N SLI Premium, 4800++ AMDx2 64bit, 4GB DDR2, Nvidea 8800GT, 640GB SATA HD
    Little Boy 14"
    Dell Vostro 1000, X2 64 2Ghz, 2GB DDR2

Its not only that. The Unix/BSD security model is way better than windows' own. Also I don't think I'm invulnerable, I'm just saying that OS X is more secure.
    Macbook White
    1GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8760/picture1ox3.png
    LOL!

More secure..... for now....muwahahahahahahahaha!

*cough* *cough*

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

ah yes...how the mighty will soon fallen...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Cool Narrowminded Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by .Illusionist View Post
    Its not only that. The Unix/BSD security model is way better than windows' own. Also I don't think I'm invulnerable, I'm just saying that OS X is more secure.
    - Actually, WINDOWS is more secure, because it's been torn apart more often than OSX. You can't say that one OS is more secure than another when it has no battle scars to prove it.

Saying that OSX is more secure than Windows is like saying that an ordinary civilian is more likely to survive a war than a trained soldier. That kind of thinking is nothing short of propagandist crock. Don't believe the lies. If hackers were to truly pour their energies into OSX, they'd tear that junk apart like a 12 year old girl being gang raped by an entire campus.

People fight against Bill Gates because they are lascivious (aka "bad-mind"), not because his products are necessarily bad. Think about that.

Default Whatt!!!!

My question is this is it is not SOO secure why the hackers do tek a run at it, jus to prove a point. Mac's might be expensive, not only stylish, but a lot of thought went into not just the hardware but the software. UNLIKE A PIECE OF PC JUNK, with windows. not all adobe cs3 products can run with VISTA properly, not to mention MAYA, and SHAKE.
    Think again people!!