Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPRS pcmcia card

Default Re: GPRS pcmcia card

Quote Originally Posted by psimpsonjr
    digicel is really hi but is there any way to bypass the charging also for digicel and how can i get the cw chip to work
    I don't think that such should be disclosed in an open forum like this

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet
    How do i get that package, can it be had on prepaid, because $500 per month still works out good for me.
    The $500 per month is for persons accessing the GPRS network using PC Cards, for those via phones it's the bFree plus (prepaid). C&W is selling PC Cards between $8000 & $19000 which i dont think is a good investment unless ur a business customer.

btw, c&w is "not yet charging" for gprs so dont be too quick to sign up unless u already have the equipment. See their proposed rates http://www.cwmobile.com/jamaica/bMobilePlansOptions.asp which to me are worse than digicel's

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    You'll have to of course get a C&W SIM chip and then create a new connection using the GPRS settings for C&W. I don't have them at hand but if you search the forums there here somewhere :icon_wink

As I understand it, the only pre-paid plan that C&W offers with GPRS is the bFree plus and that plans deducts JM$9 per day.
    Hey, what is the advantage of blocking the use of PCs.?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachJamJm
    The $500 per month is for persons accessing the GPRS network using PC Cards, for those via phones it's the bFree plus (prepaid). C&W is selling PC Cards between $8000 & $19000 which i dont think is a good investment unless ur a business customer.

btw, c&w is "not yet charging" for gprs so dont be too quick to sign up unless u already have the equipment. See their proposed rates http://www.cwmobile.com/jamaica/bMobilePlansOptions.asp which to me are worse than digicel's
    I agree. Looking at MMS for instance they charge $250/Mo and you get 25 messages with that. that works out to be $10 per message and then $10 for additional messages. there is no real saving there. and to top that off, they are already a dollar more then digi $9/ message on a pay as you send basis.

ok i have the GPRS PC CARD MODEM GC75
    it works for digicel bur not for cw not sure y also i need to use the cw being that they have not been charging for there inernet like cw
    did u register the card with c&w? a gsm/gprs network need to have the device's IMEI # and SIM # in its database before it will grant service, this is suppose to be one of the security strengths of gsm technology. so go check out c&w (seing as u already have the equipment) u might still need to buy sim and pay the $500 for service.

If u sign up i am sure other members on here would love to know so they may also find life beyond digicel for their cards/phones.

For others considering switching to c&w remember to check the operating band(s) of the phone as many digi phones don't work on cw network and vice-versa.

no but i am gonna try again cause they called me and told me to change a certain setting so when i try that later i will know whats the outcome
    !!psimpsonjr!!
    psimpsonjr@yahoo.com

cool P keep us posted. btw, y does ur website / host try to put sooo many cookies on my system?? is it consequence for the curious no probs tho. peace.

no but i am gonna try again cause they called me and told me to change a certain setting so when i try that later i will know whats the outcome
    did the new settings work for you. I know that they have an 850 network but i'm not sure what bands the gc 75 support

Quote Originally Posted by bloggins
    did the new settings work for you. I know that they have an 850 network but i'm not sure what bands the gc 75 support
    SE GC75 is tri-band (900 / 1800 / 1900) and shld work on c&w 1900 mhz system providing its enabled via their sim.

btw, i see c&w will start charging for gprs data as of the 13th Sept but no fees posted; anybody on here know what the rates will be ... i tried 5 times unsuccessfully to get thru their call centre to a live person but the IVR wont connect me!