Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palm computing rage PART 1

Default Palm computing rage PART 1

Yes, I know the subject is old hat. But it’s always worth talking about. I must confess I love these devices, even more than desktops. Palm computers pretty advance these days and getting even cheaper. I had three of those puppies pass though my hands first was a HP Jornada running windows CE, the second and best ever was a Psion running EPOC, a OS from Symbian and the third was a nifty palm V running Palm OS. My eyes are now set on the new HP iPAQ H1910 Pocket PC. Here is a nice page that can get you all going wild http://www.pocketpccentral.net There is also link for you palm bias folks too.

Peace, Kacey

Default Re:Palm computing rage PART 1

The introduction of the Strong Arm and the Xscale processors for PDAs is clear Indication that Intel and likely Palm with its dragon ball processors are creating a new product base. Soon my friends we will be worrying about upgrading the processors in our PDA. Note this is already the case with flash memory MCC, SD, Memory stick, and Compaq Flash. One can easily carry around a PDA with 512MB memory. Hmmm just image going to Watts New, or Innovative Systems to buy a new and faster processor for you PDA, Palm or Pocket PC. Intel will now be selling three main class of processors. Desktop/workstation, Servers, and PDA.

I can only assume this is Intel and the others objective since they labeling, investing and marking PDA processors exclusively.

Peace, Kacey

Kacey,

My only concern is having something else to carry around with me. I now feel incomplete without my cell phone.
    If I step out of the car and it is not clipped to my belt, I feel as is something is missing.

Do you clip these things onto your belt or carry them in a case or what?????

jamrock, you feel incomplete without your cell phone. I feel incomplete without my cell phone AND my PocketPC! I've contemplated getting a device with the functionality of both but decided against it, that's another discussion for another topic

rename the thread to "PocketPC computing rage PART 1". kinda misleading.

I have a palm m100. It's kinda old, well really old but I love it, I am never upgrading ;D . pocket pc is cool through but I'm not ready to go ALL microsoft just yet.

I am a Palm (M500) user for a while now had the Palm III before that as well.... Tungsten looks very interesting....

Pocket PC looks nice, actually I have been wondering which should I upgrade to the Pocket PC or Tungsten T ???

Pocket PC - has all the windows stuff in it and has more processing power than the palm

Tungsten T - has more memory and more software I think plus some expansion slots

the link that Kacey posted has a lotta information

You're right Owen.....I'm not too fund of Microsoft. I already have it to deal with at work. Why carry it everywhere with me./ The PocketPC is nice I must admit. I have one of the IPaq's 3850 and its quite good. But what I hate is the software library is very limited, and you have to pay for most if not all. I also have a Palm M130, and trust me getting software is no problem...the Palm library is very very large, and most of it is free. hehehe......

To answer Jamrock’s question about clipping the devices onto my belt. No, I had cases for all three. Carrying the h1910 on my hip is my intension however.

Peace, Kacey

Pocket Pc's are amazing, I love the hp line of pocket pc's. However what I can stand is not being able to utilize all the features of these babies. Man I''m dieing for the day when I can make use of the gsm services avaiilable for these pc's, the only down side is that the size seems to be a little bit more when the GSm phone feature is included (example handspring treo http://www.handspring.com/products/treo270/index.jhtml ). The race is on, which one of our telecommunications companies can release us first on to this overdue capability.

Another thing thats good to note is the reduction in price, which I think is mainly due to other companies getting into the market. Dam I love competion ;D

Hey gaming fans don't feel left out, these babies are filled with games.