Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia N81 8GB starts shipping

Default Nokia N81 8GB starts shipping

Nokia has revealed today the global availability of Nokia N81 and Nokia N81 8GB. Nokia is promising we'll never get bored once we lay our hands on any of the Nokia N81 flavors and we believe them, especially after we've managed to examine one in a detail N81 preview last week.

The Symbian-based Nokia N81 smartphone comes quad-band GSM/EDGE and UMTS enabled and stands at 17.6 mm thickness and 140 g of weight. It boasts a 2.4" TFT display with QVGA resolution, stereo Bluetooth, Wi-Fi with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support and dedicated gaming keys. Nokia N81 is the first device armed with the new N-Gage platform and it has plenty of storage capacity to make good use of it.

The first edition of the Nokia N81 is a vanilla one that comes with a mciroSD slot and a 1GB or 2GB microSD card in the retail package, while the second one is called Nokia N81 8GB and flaunts the whopping 8GB of internal storage. Both will have 2 megapixel cameras with flash (no auto focus, sorry folks) for making snapshots or shooting VGA videos at 15fps and a secondary CIF camera for video calls. There is also a microUSB port and an audio/video 3.5 mm port.
    Source

the flood gates are loose...go get em...
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

Yung_Jah Guest

How about listing the price as well? Most of us do know the spec of this phone. Only wanting to hear the price.

About $600 based on the features I see. Don't quote me on that.

yup $600- $700 is more like a price!! for such device...
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

prob wait till december after all the reviews and stuff to c if i shud get it or not

Yung_Jah Guest

Well....well....well....if the price of the N81 will be dropping slowly next year....well I guess it would be better to save towards one than saving towards the N80. Expected price for next year is less than 500usd. Not sure if I should say the N81 with 8gig for that price. But it would be interesting. Although I have been looking at the 6110 Navigator as well....quite a difficult decision.

I must say this is one of the recent Nokias I adore [except for the ancient 2MP cam). (coming from diehard SE fan).

P.S. Gsmarena still says coming soon.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    How about listing the price as well? Most of us do know the spec of this phone. Only wanting to hear the price.
    about $565.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-NOKIA-...QQcmdZViewItem

this phone hard like stone yo, i think i'll save towards one cuz i just love Nokia phones they are always the best
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Dis is one of d coolest fone, except 4 d camera and no IR.