Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Satellite Service in Jamaica

so basically ....... stick to 110w ?

well i currently have a 6ft dish & a EAGLE dtv32 dual lnb -( planning on getting 2 receivers )-

if the dish is focused on 110w

so i wud be criss for 110w all day

4give my noobosity
    Last edited by Bl@ze; Oct 23, 2007 at 12:41 AM.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Djohne View Post
    Well put, most of us here on TechJA will probably source all the equipment online ie. LNB and FTA box amazon is a good source as I've already found a viewsat box and dual lnb there, and for the other stuff inclusive of installation link Lorettagba and ur sure to get a good deal plus tns of friendly advice...where is the best place to find/procure a sat dish in JA?
    i have a friend that build them at a reasonable cost ,he has built a 12ft dish for
    another friend just to get 119w and it workes real well

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    so basically ....... stick to 110w ?

well i currently have a 6ft dish & a EAGLE dtv32 dual lnb -( planning on getting 2 receivers )-

if the dish is focused on 110w

so i wud be criss for 110w all day

4give my noobosity
    yep you would be ok on 110 all day as clear as a bell also on 91w any one of those two sats is good to go
    Last edited by zRo ToLeRaNcE; Oct 23, 2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Merged posts
    We Cant All Be Perfect So Just Accept Me
    For What I Am.And Oh Dont Mind My Spelling It's Being That Way All My Life:

question what happen if i want this setup in the states that is new jersey, what would i need?
    Phoqry

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
    question what happen if i want this setup in the states that is new jersey, what would i need?
    they would put your arse in jail if they find out and then you would be some airy arse dude's *****,so don't even think about it,but if you are clever you could get away with it but be warned its not legal in the U.S.A if you lock onto 110,119,91,148,121,63w,the only sats you can lock onto without getting into trouble is 97,99,and a few others that are free to air,but who is to tell what you are watching,oops forget that i just said that,too bad you are not as free as we are here in Ja, for how long i don't know only time will tell:lol

anyone know how i get a atmega board to buy? I'm living in the old harbour area
    Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H .Crucial Ballistix Sports 8Gig ddr3. Llano A8 3870k Quad Core APU. 22" Acer 1680x1050 LCD monitor + 32'' 1080p LCD HDTV. Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Vapor X video card. Mobile: Galaxy Note 4.

Interested in a free trip to New Jersey Trenton State Prison? That's where you will be going if you try a setup like this in the states, NJ and US laws are so strcit with things like these I would really not try it in the U.S.
    Last edited by mjj4363; Nov 1, 2007 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lorettagbr View Post
    OK people stop asking questions and now listen,firstly we live in Jamaica so we cannot subscribe to dish or bev or any other satellite provider in the USA or Canada it's not allowed
    so if we even are willing to subscribe we cant and thats that, but because we live in the foot print area we can string up a dish and watch whatever programs there are,we did not ask
    them to beam their signals into our country and our backyard
    to me its like if the rain falls i set a drum and catch the water,so the dish is my drum and the signal is my rainfall thats my take on the whole issue of satellite,now how do we get started first we need a dish the bigger the better,then we need a receiver a lnb,a 3,1/2" dia peice of iron pipe about 6ft long min a satfinder to find the signals and about 50ft of cable,ok cost varies depending what you want or which box you purchase ,lets say you have already got a dish it has to be 4ft minimum anything less just wont do, like i said b4 the bigger the better so with your old dish and peraphaps your old lnb you are halfway there now you would a fta box a reasonable one ranges from $8,000 secondhand to $35,000 brand new in box, there are others in between those prices that i have quoted ,now if you are starting from scratch you are looking at $45,000 to $55,000 supplied and installed,as for programming your boxes when they go down all you need is a computer and the internet and its a piece of cake, other wise you just have to pay some one to do it for you so remember if you have a dish and lnb already all you need is a fta box
    A 3ft can be use on 110 , we use them is mville ... it also depend on what part of the island u at , the nearer to mobay u r the more signal u get also ....
    119 can stay up all day , if u have a local made 10ft dish , that is build correct ...
    my friend father has one in maypen and in the morning all Tp r 115 on the dish network rca receiver and go down to 80 when everyone else is gone ....

Quote Originally Posted by TechGT View Post
    A 3ft can be use on 110 , we use them is mville ... it also depend on what part of the island u at , the nearer to mobay u r the more signal u get also ....
    119 can stay up all day , if u have a local made 10ft dish , that is build correct ...
    my friend father has one in maypen and in the morning all Tp r 115 on the dish network rca receiver and go down to 80 when everyone else is gone ....
    you can use a 18" dish, even a dustbin lid on 110 but what you will be getting would not be worth the effort,and yes a good 10ft home made will get you 119w all day ,i have 8ft
    setup that gives me 119 all day but most channs drops off by mid day leaving only cnn,sitv,and a few stars channels
    eight channels to be exact ,then by about 10m they all starts to come back in, sometimes even earlier, hence my advice the bigger the better, which rca receiver i have not heard of a rca fta receiver rca dont make free to air receivers that i have heard of ,only those that have being converted to use pansat's software,if its not converted then he is not on dish net but direct tv which is a whole defferent ball game, with dtv you can use an enamel plate to pick up their signal slight (exzaration),but you need card
    and you have to subscribe by getting some one in the states to do that for you and you have to pay monthly,not much fun there,and very expensive in the long run
    Last edited by lorettagbr; Nov 2, 2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by mjj4363 View Post
    Interested in a free trip to New Jersey Trenton State Prison? That's where you will be going if you try a setup like this in the states, NJ and US laws are so strcit with things like these I would really not try it in the U.S.
    sucks to be in the usa
    Phoqry

sucks to be in the usa
    I know. by the way New Jersey has the stupidest laws for everything, like they say.

Come to New Jersey on vacation, leave New Jersey on probation.