Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Satellite Service in Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    i could be wrong , but i think:
    1 single lnb = 1 receiver
    1 dual lnb = 2 recievers
    Actually I believe that dual LNBs are used to get signal from two Satelite. eg. 119 and 110. To give signal to more than one reciever, one would have to use a multi switch. Multi switches come in different configurations. a 4-1 multi switch will take 4 inputs and send it to one receiver. So if one wants connectivity to more than one receiver, one would have to get a multi switch that supports that. Here is an example
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
    Windows 7 Pro, Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H, AMD Athlon II 245, OCZ Reaper 2X2GB DDR2 1066, WD 500GB+WD 200GB, Cosair 400W, 23" eMachine 1080p Monitor

tnx .......... ( see i am wrong)

my head hurts, so many options.......

but how will i program the box ( when i need to)?

which signal strenght is better DISH Network on Anik F3 & EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W or DISH Network on EchoStar 8/10 at 110.0°W
    not really much different in line up is there ?( damm no discovery kids network on dish119- daughter gonna be peeved, but dem full o movie channel, but my tv attention span is at a 45minutes limit anyway)
    Last edited by Bl@ze; Oct 22, 2007 at 03:27 PM.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

t

Programming is the easiest part-especially if you get a viewsat...download the BIN file (a couple of KB,s only) put it on your thumb drive - stick it in the reciever for a second...watch many many channels on your TV.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

any great difference between viewsat :
    ultra, extreme & lite /platinum lite ? in terms of use in ja

just found this http://viewsatonline.com/c/Viewsat_r...s/Viewsat.html
    Last edited by Bl@ze; Oct 22, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

If and since you are not using a motorized dish the Ultra is the best. The main difference is the moving via the remote control feature.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

tnx .......... ( see i am wrong)

my head hurts, so many options.......

which signal strenght is better DISH Network on Anik F3 & EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W or DISH Network on EchoStar 8/10 at 110.0°W
    not really much different in line up is there ?( damm no discovery kids network on dish119- daughter gonna be peeved, but dem full o movie channel, but my tv attention span is at a 45minutes limit anyway)
    discovery kids is on 110 sat .. the lite is the smaller unit of the platinum ....

OK people stop asking questions and now listen,firstly we live in Jamaica so we cannot subscribe to dish or bev or any other satellite provider in the USA or Canada it's not allowed
    so if we even are willing to subscribe we cant and thats that, but because we live in the foot print area we can string up a dish and watch whatever programs there are,we did not ask
    them to beam their signals into our country and our backyard
    to me its like if the rain falls i set a drum and catch the water,so the dish is my drum and the signal is my rainfall thats my take on the whole issue of satellite,now how do we get started first we need a dish the bigger the better,then we need a receiver a lnb,a 3,1/2" dia peice of iron pipe about 6ft long min a satfinder to find the signals and about 50ft of cable,ok cost varies depending what you want or which box you purchase ,lets say you have already got a dish it has to be 4ft minimum anything less just wont do, like i said b4 the bigger the better so with your old dish and peraphaps your old lnb you are halfway there now you would a fta box a reasonable one ranges from $8,000 secondhand to $35,000 brand new in box, there are others in between those prices that i have quoted ,now if you are starting from scratch you are looking at $45,000 to $55,000 supplied and installed,as for programming your boxes when they go down all you need is a computer and the internet and its a piece of cake, other wise you just have to pay some one to do it for you so remember if you have a dish and lnb already all you need is a fta box
    We Cant All Be Perfect So Just Accept Me
    For What I Am.And Oh Dont Mind My Spelling It's Being That Way All My Life:

Well put, most of us here on TechJA will probably source all the equipment online ie. LNB and FTA box amazon is a good source as I've already found a viewsat box and dual lnb there, and for the other stuff inclusive of installation link Lorettagba and ur sure to get a good deal plus tns of friendly advice...where is the best place to find/procure a sat dish in JA?

Quote Originally Posted by Djohne View Post
    LNB and FTA box amazon is a good source as I've already found a viewsat box and dual lnb there, and for the other stuff inclusive of installation link Lorettagba and ur sure to get a good deal plus tns of friendly advice...
    i might be going that direction as well

i'll warn you duel lnb's aren't all they'r cracked up to be here in jamaica iv'e
    not being able to get one working the way they shuld and trust me iv'e tried
    also you would be advised to focus on 110w instead of 119w, 119 fades away
    by mid day and then return at about 12-02 in the mornings i have three dishes
    installed 1 a 6ft on 110w,the other 9ft on 91w and the other which is a 10ft mesh scans the sky for wild feeds by wild feeds i mean programmes that moves from satellite to satellite along the clarke belt for this you nead one of them old mesh dishes with a jack to move it if any of you guye's have one of them big dish i would advise setting one of them up and forget about duel lnb's
    We Cant All Be Perfect So Just Accept Me
    For What I Am.And Oh Dont Mind My Spelling It's Being That Way All My Life: