Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Satellite Service in Jamaica

Twin lnbf wont work...easier to use 2 separate lnbs and a lnb holder for that purpose. If you are going to try for both you need a good 10' dish due to the weak signal from the 119 transponders....

I didn't know the nfusion could stand up to nag3!

Quote Originally Posted by crysis View Post
    I didn't know the nfusion could stand up to nag3!
    NFUSION WORKING ON LIMITED CHANNELS USING IKS (Bev)
    Its a card sharing system that work via the internet (internet key sharing).
    Other brand have Iks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    So in order to pick up channels after Nagra3 implementation, you would have to point your dish on some other bird such as AMC to pick up legit open FTA channels.
    Ok, this is the part i'm interested in, just wondering whether it mek sense I grab a viewsat (not sure about this nfusion thing, would need to get more info about them) or if I should wait and see what la magra is up to. Anyway, about how many and what type of channels would u get with these legit FTA satellites?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

You could get a decent amount of "free" channels that would include cbs, fox and stuff like that in addition to a lot of news channels(not cnn)lol.. Viewsat is a real good brand but i would wait until the n3 is implemented on Dick totally cause the older models may not have enough memory to run new bins when they come out. If you are still bent on getting a receiver get a hd receiver like the v/sat max or something....

As iceman05 said you can get a number of channels,including those he listed along with religious, foreign language and variety channels BUT don't expect to get HBO-style movie channels or ESPN style sports channels. Another thing you should know is that channels comes and goes without warning.
    Don't expect legit FTA will be a suitable replacement for a cable TV or Dish network subscription, but at least it provides you with a number of free channels to watch during the nagra3 transition.

i have cnn but it is in spanish, i also have loads of espn channels and i or 2 HBOs, if you want to get more channels do a satellite scan you might get some new channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Juelz View Post
    I'm considering switching to satellite because it's cheaper than cable per month.

Who offers good service in Kingston? Is it really cheaper per month in Jamaica?
    You cannot get legal sat service in Jamaica. You would have to have a us address and social security #. If you do get a subscription in jamaica you can't let the provider know that the sat receiver is out side of the US, or they will lock it down. But you can try the free to air thing. only work with dish network, and the way thing are going might not for much longer.

stupid nagra 3 boooo!

Free to air thing isn't only for dishnet work, free to air is FTA is meant free channel that doesn't need paying to get it ..
    free to air work on dishnet cause they hack it and running the hack file on them.
    FTA is legal anywhere in the world once u are using it to legally get free channel.