Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: torrenting on Lime Mobile Internet

Default torrenting on Lime Mobile Internet

I have been noticing that I am not able to download torrents with my mobile data plan, however it works via wifi. Can someone tell me if Lime is blocking torrenting on their mobile network, If so is there a away around this ?.

I am using an android phone gingerbread , phone model motorola atrix 4G with an over clocked kernel 1.45ghz Any information would be greatly appreciated.

NB torrents are not just for illegal downloading.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.
    8368993 (lime) 303-1359 (digi) blunt60us@yahoo.com

Torrents aren't for illegal downloading, however due to the architecture it maximizes a connection in the upload and download links. This is not practical in a mobile environment with a limited connection shared by many users.

Based on this most carriers block torrenting, may be not initially but eventually most of them do as it puts a strain on their network.

its in their question/answer aspect on their site

http://apps.lime.com/3g/what-is-3g.html

Will Peer to Peer applications be restricted?
    Yes, during the day it will be allowed at a slower speed. During the night it will be fully unrestricted.
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

That is false , torrenting is block right through
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Live for computers or else they will live for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The good guy View Post
    That is false , torrenting is block right through
    guess them turn off the pipe clean. were u using the torrent client on your phone or via mobile hotspot?

Both on the phone and pc via hotspot

Quote Originally Posted by The good guy View Post
    Both on the phone and pc via hotspot
    in that case hop on over to the other network

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    in that case hop on over to the other network
    I'd suggest limiting torrenting to Wifi only. C'mon dudes, we smart people in here, the more strain on the network going to lead to the networks charging more dollaz to reduce the demand, either higher prices or they include less GB's. In this day and age, where a 5GB file downloads in about an hour on a 12MB wifi connection, betta yuh jus wait till yuh on wifi. Unless is a life or death situation like yuh a run out of oxygen an you need to download some lolol.

My few cents.
    Google Nexus 6P™

But it strange since lime doesn't have 3g much place beside kingston,portmore,mobay, unlike how digi has thats all over the island and with alot of people using it for more than just browsing.
    From what i hear from a friend that work in mville that goes to meeting in lime head office , there is no plan on the table to even put edge muchless 3g in mville coming from the new ceo thats up there.
    for there data service . them have good price in voice call.

im surprised tiefing digicel did not put this restriction on their mobile network though......i use my 3g modem to download torrents without any problems on digicel.