Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any jobs in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I gather that you're in Canada. It's my understanding that if you have Canadian citizenship then you can get a 1 year US work permit at the airport once you have a job letter.
    i dont know how the system works as yet as i am still learning the ways of the white man land, you seems to understand the system, can you direct me in the right path with your knowledge plz

how do i go about getting the permit etc.

currently i am an IC at a worldwide company

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis4Eva View Post
    Sorry my yute . no green card = no job (legally) dem getting strict with dat since 911
    damm........ bush an him terrorist
    Last edited by T-Zero; Nov 4, 2007 at 03:51 PM.
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

I was told by a Canadian citizen who works and lives in the US that all he does is fly back to Canada once a year and upon returning to the US he applies for a 1 year work permit based on a job letter he has. This suggests that you need firstly to be Canadian (not sure if PR status will also work) and secondly a job letter/offer from a US company. Interestingly, the company is his own, so that may also affect the process.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

ok thanks alot gonna see if i can get a work link from ma peeps

I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Yung_Jah Guest

I do not have a green card..........Fortis4Eva

pcchick Guest

I gather that you're in Canada. It's my understanding that if you have Canadian citizenship then you can get a 1 year US work permit at the airport once you have a job letter.
    A what you saying to me Chris? Mine yu mek the man go get lock up fi a work in America illegally. Dat nearly happen to a couple a mi dups dem.

**edit* ok I see here...
    I was told by a Canadian citizen who works and lives in the US that all he does is fly back to Canada once a year and upon returning to the US he applies for a 1 year work permit based on a job letter he has. This suggests that you need firstly to be Canadian (not sure if PR status will also work) and secondly a job letter/offer from a US company. Interestingly, the company is his own, so that may also affect the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
    try NYPD they take anyone especially if you have military training on your resume.
    Being a police in racist America is a no no sir......dem wouldda bound to put me out of the force. Plus I can't do dem vigorous tings deh like one time.

For those wanting to work in US..jobs dem fraid to hire illegal aliens here and the immigrantion system get sooo strick since 9/11 that sometimes to work without a work permit is tough. So a better you try get one a dem farmers work or the restaurant work program to come up on and work you way in than to go about it illegally causealot of employers here not hiring no PR or anyone for that matter without a work permit..UNLESS you definately know someone and dem put een a word for ya.

I need a job :-(

My l337 is too great to keep to myself...

Man interview me yesterday a ask mi how fi install printer inna XP.....

So mi ask him if is local vs lan, if is lan is it IP or otherwise, if is IP is it LPR or port based, or if it published via the host...him lost...sob, cry....
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

1337 usd per month? after tax?
    ZEN
    CPU CORE i7 6850k @ 4GHz, RAM Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, GPU Asus GTX1070 Aura Storage: Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 SSD , 500GB EVO , Cooling & Power Corsair RM750i & H100i V2 Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Atx

I wish....I seem to be unhirable...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    I need a job :-(

My l337 is too great to keep to myself...

Man interview me yesterday a ask mi how fi install printer inna XP.....

So mi ask him if is local vs lan, if is lan is it IP or otherwise, if is IP is it LPR or port based, or if it published via the host...him lost...sob, cry....
    n3$t3r$@n where do u find these ppl.............. ?
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Mi keep telling you that Nester is a magnet for these folk ........ im walk with a sign dat say noobs come here to be pwned by Nester the Gr8
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva