Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Is the Ultimate Garbage

Default Vista Is the Ultimate Garbage

I cant believe microsoft actually release this kind of software in this day and age. I mean that thing is worse than Windows ME. i loaded the OS and in 4 hours it rendered my PC Useless. I loaded Vista Ultimate . my pc is a recent model so i know its not a specs issue ; half of my hardware wasnt even recogized.They must have gotten some high school kids to code it. MAC OS here i come!!!!
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau

vista has been runnin quite fine on my desktop, i have no issues with it
    ChAos AnD cOnfLicT ArE mY ParEntS

to tell the honest truth, only prob I ever have with Vista is the incompatibility with many games I play, and since I can't do without them, I can do without Vista
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

The problem I have with Vista is that it is a resource hog. 750MB RAM minimum used.

I always have a dual boot pc. I decided to try out Vista - total trash, pretty though. I installed Ubuntu over it. I suggest you do the same.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    I always have a dual boot pc. I decided to try out Vista - total trash, pretty though. I installed Ubuntu over it. I suggest you do the same.
    True that ... also still microsft is going to call it Vista Xp , it just going to be a trash type xp and prettier than the first one ....

VistaXP is a stepdown of vista, offered to unsatisfied customers...... not xp , still vista
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Vista is crap...just like the crackheads who made it
    unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; unmount; sleep" - my daily unix command list?
    Zeng

ok Vista has BUGS, unpleasant ones. However there are concepts in Vista which have potential. *This could be enhanced in XP none the less and call it Windows Evolution but that is another story*

One bug that got under my skin was: when I connected my USB hard drive on to a Vista machine, it detected ok, but sometimes when you go in a folder, at random, it delays for 5 minuntes! then says something like "source folder does not exists". I never had any problems with my usb hard drive (Vio aluminium case with Western Digital 250GB, one partition) I used it often on alot of XP machines including xp black, xp sp3, xp home, xp media center, xp pro, win2k server, xp embedded and the list goes on. Works well without a hitch, but problems on Vista k. To confirm Vista was the problem I tried it on another Vista Machine, a dell laptop 6000, and same rathid problem. Now just after that, I booted the same laptop with a bootable xp embedded thumb drive and the usb hard drive runs flawlessly. There was another Vista desktop machine in the same room and I think it tested with the same problem too. So three different hardware in 3 different machines and one common problem. So as a solotion to the problem, formatting the drive in vista was done. When I came back after some time the same thing had started again. Vista took its sweet time, about 5 minites, to report errors in reading a folder. I dropped the same hard drive in a win2k server machine and in 10 seconds approximately it reported cyclic redundant check on those folders. Vista f up the drive. Drive is not bad but the files are. Plus, I cut like 250 GB of files from the drive prior to Vista so I now it is good. Perhaps, the eventual pulling out of the usb hard drive's cable every time Vista was so unresponsive, more like 10 minutes of delay, added some corruption to the hard drive. Now very important files were on the drive, it was used to back up data on a failing hard drive, but itself got currupt. It was NTFS, so some recovery software was downloaded to sort it out. As a result, I would not recomend anyone getting this Vista at all. Not just that, but all three vista machines was reprted to have some virus that caused files to disappear (same read access failure before) and they were reinstalled. New hard drive was purchased for laptop, as well, which had run xp without problems for more than a year and recently upgraded to Vista and have problems. All I do is suspect Vista but when I tried my generic usb hard drive and it hitch, rahtid........

Apart from that bug, if it sort out to be a driver issue, yadda yadda, Vista has plenty good featues added. I think there is alot that should have been added to XP (that's a different story) just like win2k was enhance to winXP

Personally I love xp more, 2k3 sweet, even 2k run ok but lacks meadia players
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Yung_Jah Guest

On the topic of Windows.....whats the difference between Windows Media Center and XP Professional?