Thread: need help to fix problem with windows authentication

keroed1 Guest

Default need help to fix problem with windows authentication

i created an intranet website for my company and it uses windows authentication but anytime anybody tries to browse the intranet it prompts them for their user name and password which is quiet annoying can anyone tell me how to fix this problem please.

and it to be windows authentication in order to carry out somethings that i need to be done

You need to set your authentication method to anonymous access, this will allow authenticated users to be able to access the site, without a password.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mbug View Post
    You need to set your authentication method to anonymous access, this will allow authenticated users to be able to access the site, without a password.
    thanks but i figured out the problem IE was not passing the credentials because of the header name

the header name the network admin did set up for the website was intranet.mfr.gov.jm instead intranet2 since we jus wanted to test the new site when i changed the header to intranet2 it work perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by keroed1 View Post
    i created an intranet website for my company and it uses windows authentication but anytime anybody tries to browse the intranet it prompts them for their user name and password which is quiet annoying can anyone tell me how to fix this problem please.

and it to be windows authentication in order to carry out somethings that i need to be done
    I get that problem when users try to access an intranet site through the proxy server.

keroed1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hassanvoyeau View Post
    I get that problem when users try to access an intranet site through the proxy server.
    you still having this problem? you tried making the user add the site in their IE as a trusted site in their trusted zone?? while researching i saw someone say that ensures that IE passes the credentials