Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIFI on Laptop Problem!!!!!!!

Default WIFI on Laptop Problem!!!!!!!

Hey guys I have a problem.

I just got my laptop and thing, its a Toshiba Satellite. Decent specs.

Anyways for the life of me I cant enable the wifi that is supposedly built in. There is a small switch that turns it on, but I heard that I would have to enable it or install some drivers. But my mother didnt bring the cds, or rather them coming soon.

Does anyone have a laptop with wifi built in? Did it come enabled, I know of soome peeps with hp laptops and they had to enable it and install drivers. Need some help here guys.

Ropy just told me that the wifi is turned of because it sucks battery life when its on. Toshiba link

Now I am one step closer. The next step is to enable the darn thing.

Default Re:WIFI on Laptop Problem!!!!!!!

if its a case of needing the drivers, you should be able to get them from the support section of toshiba's website. if u can't find it there, try driverguide.com username:drivers, password:all

If I had a dollar for the amount of drivers I have installed since yesterday, all ended with no luck.

come check me tomorrow.

Minutes to 3 and I am still researching this. Well it has come to my attention that this laptop has the wifi antenna built in but it requires an additional pc card or summen to that effect. I am going to bed now. >

how did this go Mitchie?

I basically give up cause its obvious i will need a wireless pc card.

We purchased a wireless laptop with a base station from Dell which I had a heck of a time setting up, following the instructions that came with the device. Did you configure the base station by connecting the laptop to the base station first?

[quote author=Ramesh link=board=3;threadid=5303;start=0#msg49533 date=1091411508]
    We purchased a wireless laptop with a base station from Dell which I had a heck of a time setting up, following the instructions that came with the device. Did you configure the base station by connecting the laptop to the base station first?
    [/quote]

Ramesh speak english, remember I am a newbie to laptops and the features which come with it.
    What is the base station??

Mitchie, the base station (wireless access point) is the device that allows the WiFi devices to connect to the wired network. Simply put, the WAP is the device that allows your WiFi enabled notebook to connect to your network.

So let's take this a step at a time. Do you have a WAP and is it 802.11b compatible?