Thread: I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

Default Re:I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

thanks for the warning that was a long hell of a long read

Quote Originally Posted by */*Leon*/*
    thanks for the warning that was a long hell of a long read
    You ain't seen nothing yet!

if your in the movie for the action sequencies and *(slow motion)* then your good to go. (NOT THAT I'M SAYING ITS SHALLOW, CAUSE IT HAVE IT's own LEVEL OF DEPTH)

i saw it last night and it wasn't that bad. I honestly enjoyed it. loved the design of the robots the 'NS5' the opacity of there exo-skeleton looked cool to me. and sonny is sorta captivating isn't (knows how to hold you into a scene)

qoute from sonny when speaking to the doctor lady:

IT IS BETTER TO NOT DIE DONT YOU THINK DOCTOR (I THOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA GET IT RIGHT THERE (DED as a dornail))

and in final if you can just appreciate the movie for what it is you'll enjoy it don't campare it to ne other science fiction flick (matrix or whatever you'll like it)

death_knight logging going offline
    sayanora
    ;D;D

pcchick Guest

I liked the movie. Of course, I like Will Smith...did I hear fiya??? Anyway, it was a good movie. Something different and out of this century. I liked the whole concepts of even THINKING that Robots will be operating in this centuries to come. Ain't gonna happen.
    Anyway, good idea, good movie.

[quote author=pcchick link=board=29;threadid=5234;start=15#msg49475 date=1091368712]
    ... I liked the whole concepts of even THINKING that Robots will be operating in this centuries to come. Ain't gonna happen.
    [/quote]

In 1903 (I am very old) I tried to tell those damn bicycle makers that their idea of man taking flight was a fools mission. It tired to tell them that if man were made to fly, GOD would have given him wings. In fact the entire town tried to tell them.

And those bastards just had to find a way to make that flaming contraption of theirs' work.

I had to suffer the indignity of both Orville and Wilbur Wright laughing in my face HA HA HAAA we proved you wrong !!! everytime they saw me thereafter. They got famous and I had egg on my face. Its a good thing they are dead, or I would never live down their mocking me when I had to take a 747 jet to visit the Dali Lamma.

my point ?

Never say never... cause YOU really don't know what will and can happen.

--goes back to drinking rum
    Gillion

Well said Sir Gillion. The same thing was said for going to the moon in the 50's and 60's.

the movie was more than expected. it was a good movie, i enjoyed it.

Default Re: I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

Ok so I watched I Robot finally... whew took me awhile... Did I like the movie yes... even after reading these three pages on the movie...

Now for my own views on the movie...

I loved that Audi still it just look cool... The action scenes were awesome. So was the seamless transition into the future... The movie was not packed with unrealistic/unbelievable (to the average mind) futuristic stuff. You could see the smooth transition into the future... sweet...

However this movie never had me guessing I don't like that. I predicted the movie from the start to the finish phew... I even predicted that "Sonny" had some other program placed inside of him that would allow him to choose whether to obey the laws or not...

Will Smith ahh bwoy him just nuh fit this ya movie ya... No iyah him nuh fit it at all... It's like putting Chris Tucker in Russell Crowe's role as the Gladiator...

Putting all the bad aside I loved the movie...
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

hey did you find the jokes in the movie extremely corny. i did, it was like i know i should be laughing but it just wasn't enought to get me to the laughing point.

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    hey did you find the jokes in the movie extremely corny. i did, it was like i know i should be laughing but it just wasn't enought to get me to the laughing point.
    hehe that's one of the reasons why Will did not fit this roll man...
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"