Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

Default Re: I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

mitchie go and watch the anime called ghost in a shell it explains the concept a lil. in they movie they were sayin that some of the code inherent in the programming of the robots would someday come to gether to form new protocols (hence an evolution of the machines)

ammm, isnt the anime called ghost in the shell dk.

uh my bad

Exclamation Re: I, Robot *WARNING: SPOILERS in some replies*

Quote Originally Posted by MiTcHiE
    I was here at work thinking, I robot's story line is kinda lame. Let me explain. I know this is a sci fi movie but jeez, atleast make some of the things nearly possible.

The fact that a computer/robot can evolve boggles my mind and is in no way possible. Its a sci fi flick yes but jeez, how can summen electrical and mechanical and a computer evolve. I am speaking with reference to Viki and sonny. Viki has taken it upon herself to protect humans because it is tired of seeing man destroy themselves and the earth. So viki evolved and twisted the 3 laws or whatnot in an effort to protect humans. Sonny has apparantly evolved to be able to dream and whatnot, or was that his extra software?? Who knows.

Correct me if I am wrong in my perception of this movie. What did they say evolved in this movie??

Dont get me wrong, this was an ok movie, just that the story line isnt really *believable.

*Not sure of this spelling
    You read it wrong. As Will said, "Robots can't feel, dream, create works of art from a piece of cloth" etc. Sonny asked Will if Will could nice question.
    It wasn't really a dream. It was just a recurring recording left by his creator anytime he went in "hibernation".

Humans don't evolve physically. When humans "evolve" they do so in thought and actions, mostly for the worst. E.g., you probably wouldn't like to have sex with every girl you meet, but what might your grand/great-grand child do.

Sonny asked when the robots made their empire what would they do. They don't know how to live without logic like humans can. A human has instincts, robots have algorithms.

Ergo, Sonny just had different programming and logic systems; design (denser alloy) from the rest because the revolution/revolt actually happened in the movie. Sonny was a safeguard (no uplink) to make sure that Viki could be stopped. If Sonny wasn't there this would have been an excellent prequel to the matrix. Viki is a program that thinks akin the Star Trek borgs - "They see you subjectively, so they know what's best for you". That's pure logic. Which parent sees their child occasionally sees their child going to a dance hall or some dangerous place and not try to take drastic actions after some bad turn of events. Look at The Day After Tomorrow

So, to cut a long story short:

Sonny has advanced logic systems, no uplink, stronger design than the others.

Robots are still robots.

The laws were purposely made to produce ghosts in the machine (programs that come about when certain criteria are not met, aka bugs or programs that weren't intended to function the way they did).

If you aren't suppose to hurt or allow someone to be hurt, not hurt yourself what would you do if someone tried to hurt both you and themselves? That's the topic question!

That was a lovely explanation, I completely understand now. Thanx Much.
    ........After all this talk, at nights we still Click "Start" to "Shutdown" and still own a Digicel phone.

Quote Originally Posted by carey
    Sonny was a safeguard (no uplink) to make sure that Viki could be stopped. If Sonny wasn't there this would have been an excellent prequel to the matrix.
    hmmmm...i saw this movie and thought about Sonny's role in the end of the movie....he could be thought of as the leader of the robot community (don't remember the name...i think it was 01 or somn...) who approached the human leaders at the UN meeting and got trashed

no... 01 is the name of the machine city

the robots that approached the un council in the ANIMATRIX have no names

the flag of 01 is a black and white bar

--too much information in my head about matrix
    Gillion
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

yeah...thanx for the confirmation...i was referrin to the city's name
    Last edited by PanChan; Sep 1, 2004 at 12:09 PM.