Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple unveils new iPod touch, "fat" iPod nano

I wont.. pre-ordered long time..... lol
    Basically the apple staff saying, they didnt include those features cuz they know ppl would hack it and install skype or w/e and bluetooth for calls. So get the iphone if u want make calls... though it was meant for AT&T.

kool...when u shoul be getting it?
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

well they start shipping 28th of sept and with free shipping i dont expect 1 or 2 day delivery... so it looking like first week in october.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    @ zro - u living in the dark son. Ipod = hype? The ipod is a revolution.. sound wise, the whole jog wheel -> the multi touch, accelerometer.

Hype? Overpriced maybe.. but I don't see Creative dishing out devices as thin as the iPod, just counting the days till they drop in accelerometers (not bashing Creative)
    Of course Ipod was just a hype. As a few people have said, Ipod has never won any comparisons with other players. The Jog wheel was probably the only thing good the ipod ever came out with.

Creative has let out devices that are as thin as the ipod, the only devices that creative let out that are fat are the high capacity devices (60gigs+) All devices 30 gigs and under are roughly the same size as the ipod.

As for the accelerometer have you used any zen products? Just try the touch pad. Zen doesnt need a jog wheel with a touchpad that can be adjusted for the level of sensitivity to make scrolling as simple as possible.

As for sound quality, ipod's sound quality isnt all that good in any instance. As zro said, headphones are what determine's sound quality. The headphones that come with these devices are horrible beyond compare.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I think it is a neat likle device and a decent upgrade to the iPod. The only downfall is the capacity. So if one loves their iPod, I am sure they will love this device as well and be happy for the addition of wifi and youtube.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
    Windows 7 Pro, Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H, AMD Athlon II 245, OCZ Reaper 2X2GB DDR2 1066, WD 500GB+WD 200GB, Cosair 400W, 23" eMachine 1080p Monitor

The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

Thats all unfair.... first off all, the ipod cant be compared with, you compare to big difference. The ipod set the standard for mp3 players while sony was pushing their minidisc, creative was pushing sound cards, and everyone else was making junk. Different review every week on Techtv

As for the accelerometer have you used any zen products?
    Yes but wasnt wowed by the navigation..
    Sony Ericsson has already followed suite with the k850i, dont know why Creative dragging their feet.

The earplugs arent that bad, but could b better

Last edited by Virus; Sep 7, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

If everyone wants the radio addition on the iPod so badly then buy the acessory it only costs like 20 and it doesn't really add any extra baggage.

Gordon Swaby

Quote Originally Posted by GordonSwaby View Post
    If everyone wants the radio addition on the iPod so badly then buy the acessory it only costs like 20 and it doesn't really add any extra baggage.

Gordon Swaby
    If it doesnt add any baggage and its so cheap. Why couldn't apple have simply just included it in the player itself? You realize how expensive it is already to own an ipod and furnish it legally with tracks and video's etcetera?

oh and i hope This isnt that accessory that isnt extra baggage. You see how much extra cord that you have to walk around with just for a little radio lol.

Yes but wasnt wowed by the navigation..
    Yes you weren't wowed by the navigation because you're used to using an ipod meaning its the same thing and they both work successfully am i right?

the ipod cant be compared with, you compare to big difference. The ipod set the standard for mp3 players while sony was pushing their minidisc, creative was pushing sound cards, and everyone else was making junk.
    You are still thinking about 6 years ago when the 1st generation ipod was released. I disagree that the revolutionized the mp3 player world though, they mainly provided a product that the masses could use. Lots of companies were already creating mp3 players but none could find that niche to get the market. It was a new technology nobody wanted to switch from their cd's, all that was needed to get a switch was proper marketing strategy and thats what apple had, they marketed the hell out of the ipod, you couldn't walk into a pet store and not see an ipod advertisement, Unlike their only major competitor at the time Archos.

However apple before they can get even a dime from me need to remember that not everybody who wants an ipod has a mac computer. Not everybody who wants an ipod wants to install itunes, not everybody is gonna search around the world just to find one single video when they had a copy of it all the time but it was "incompatible". Most people i know with an ipod video only have like 3 or four video's on their player, why? because them cant find a compatible format and they dont want to have to convert anything, thats extra software and extra money spent.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

the more i think about it the more i am disapointed. what the h*** is this ipod classic 80g and 160g apple must know that every one would have jumped at a touch with those capacities.... 16gig for your most video capable player while offering 160 gigs in a model that looks totally outdated and stale in comparisons looks like I need a classic to hold my music and a touch to hold my ego.

and for the record for all u apple haters out there you fighting a loosing battle get with the program... zune right zen please sony get real apple rules but kind of leaving themselves open with 16g in the touch 160 gig would have blown everything else out the water
    Last edited by zRo ToLeRaNcE; Sep 11, 2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Merged posts
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds