Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple unveils new iPod touch, "fat" iPod nano

Off-topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Skill
    I know i sound like a creative labs fanboy, you could probably say i am
    yah, u r

On-topic
    Im also a bit disappointed with the designs.. at least the ipod nano aka fat nano.... plzz
    I've seen better designs and im not really impressed with fat nano. Classic ipod... same hardware as the original just upgraded firmware :-/

As expected, they dropped the price of the iphone no suprise there...

Ipod Touch.... Anyone need a dsl modem (cheap), ipod shuffle 2nd gen (cheap), Giorgio Brutini's... suede??

the thing bout the ipod touch is the capacity...

a 30 gig drive in there would be sweet, but i guess they wanted to use flash..

but man, the whole wifi + web browser is sweet

its basically and iphone without the phone and half the thickness..

i love the fact that it has the browser and everything

Exactly, the touch is about as thin as the former nano if not thinner. As I say, my personal preference is with flash as it also extends the battery live vs a spinning disk. I also like syncing my mp3 player lol. I am quite current where my music is concerned (love dancehall but dont keep ANY on my players cause of the usual low quality available) and am usually adding to my collection weekly if not more often so I am syncing everyweek anyway.

Love the size of the touch etc, never thought i'd ever buy an ipod, but hey, there is a time and place for everything under the sun

I'm gonna just get the 16gb touch and the new Blackberry pearl when it comes out. The iphone disappoints in many departments as a phone. It has no voice dial, no bluetooth support for sending and receiving contacts, no COPY AND PASTE and no tethered modem i.e. using the phone as a edge/gprs modem to connect ur laptop or desktop to the net like almost EVERY modern phone can do, so I cant justify going with it

Who knows, maybe they will solve the bluetooth prob on the touch and maybe someday soon i'll be able to use the blackberry as a bluetooth modem to browse on the touch lol

Also, re codec support, it REALLY sucks that I will have to convert videos to get them on, but her, my core2 can make light work of the conversions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Off-topic
    yah, u r

On-topic
    Im also a bit disappointed with the designs.. at least the ipod nano aka fat nano.... plzz
    I've seen better designs and im not really impressed with fat nano. Classic ipod... same hardware as the original just upgraded firmware :-/
    Further off-topic:
    Well as i said before, i've yet to be proven why i'm not supposed to be a zen fanboy. I always do thorough checks before i decide to buy anything, I used to be in love with the ipod, then i realized that its rubbish and found zen. So i dont think i''m a fanboy per say, just somebody who likes quality over quantity.

the thing bout the ipod touch is the capacity...

a 30 gig drive in there would be sweet, but i guess they wanted to use flash..

but man, the whole wifi + web browser is sweet

its basically and iphone without the phone and half the thickness..

i love the fact that it has the browser and everything
    And to me, thats the only reason to love the new ipod... I expected to hear better things from the ipod.
    Last edited by Skillachi; Sep 6, 2007 at 08:30 AM.
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

iPod = Hype
    Zen and many other brands = Functional

Why iPod can't win any reviews compared to the others?
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

I bought an ipod nano 2gig, and right now I want to trade it for a good mp3 player, if its even a 1 gig player, as long as it has great features. Creative labs has great products, ratings tall for that company.
    I actually have read a review in pcmagazine where they did a review of a few different players and a creative player won their ratings over the ipod. I have always been an apple hater, (I use mac mini at work and I loath it) so I don't know why I ever chose to want an ipod. I would never get another one of their players, nor their phone, nor their computers, nor their laptops, nothing from dat company I don't want.
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

@ zro - u living in the dark son. Ipod = hype? The ipod is a revolution.. sound wise, the whole jog wheel -> the multi touch, accelerometer.

Hype? Overpriced maybe.. but I don't see Creative dishing out devices as thin as the iPod, just counting the days till they drop in accelerometers (not bashing Creative)

iPod has stolen music ordering and letter on the side thing from Creative

iPod jog dial is good, sound wise that's dependent on your headsets and if you serious bout listening to anything at all you can't walk around with anything less than a Koss.

iPod also stole Creative's Music Management system

Remember that when iPod first came up - it never had anything touch sensitive. But they did well by putting it in.

Apple is good with it's designs, I give them that. But the clones are always better
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Default Apple unveils new iPod touch, "fat" iPod nano

Here they go again. Milking the thing like a Motorola Razr. None the less you can get 16gb storage plus it has wifi starting at US$299 so i guess its kinda ok
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<

Default Why I'll pass on the iPod Touch

No Phone: The new iPod Touch may have more storage, but it doesn't have a phone. This means you still have to carry two devices: a phone and the iPod Touch. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to carry an iPod everywhere I go. That's why I say no thanks to the iPod Touch. I'll just stick to an iPhone and eliminate all the excess baggage.

No Camera: The 2-megapixel camera is gone.

No Bluetooth or EDGE: This means no bluetooth headphones, headset, or access to the Internet when you can't find a hotspot. Bummer.
    source

With all that said I think I will pass
    >>>>Buzz Buzz Inside<<<<